SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig marked phosphated 12rd 229 mag with no made in Italy mark. Not a zipper back. Who made it?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig marked phosphated 12rd 229 mag with no made in Italy mark. Not a zipper back. Who made it? Login/Join 
Picture of Syngin1066
posted
The mag looks just like my phosphated 12 rd Mec-Gar mags. Says Sig Sauer 229 .40/.357 on the left side and has marked witness holes on the right. The body and follower look the same as my other mags. The one different thing is that it has a non date clock baseplate like what are on the 229-1 9mm mags. Any idea who made this mag?

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
For those P229 and P226, if the mag's not marked Made In Italy, you can almost assure yourself that it's Checkmate. I have P229 mags NIW from SIG, with "Made In The United States" on the bag, but the mag has no country markings on it.
US made mags = Checkmate, unless SIG has an additional US mag maker we're not aware of.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post