SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A couple Glock 43 questions... 1. trigger improvement, and 2. slide lock back

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
A couple Glock 43 questions... 1. trigger improvement, and 2. slide lock back Login/Join 
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted
Hi all,

I have a few questions related to my Glock 43...

1. I prefer to keep all of my Glock internals stock, but I'd really like to make the trigger on my G43 a bit lighter and crisper. The wall is just too heavy. What do you suggest? Staying with factory parts is preferred, but willing to entertain proven reliable aftermarket parts. I'd like to replace as few parts as possible. I got my G43 about a year after it was introduced, so I *think* it may have that slightly improved factory trigger I hear about, but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe just start with dropping in a factory "-" connector (if one exists)?

2. Today at the range I was shooting my normal practice load (Speer Lawman 115 gr) when three times out of 150 rounds the slide locked back when with rounds still in the magazine. This has never happened before out of about 1000 rounds. When this occurred I noticed the slide lock lever was ever so slightly engaged. Now, my grip is tailored to not engage the slide lock lever, but you never know. If anything, I'd say my grip would keep the slide lock from engaging. If it *wasn't* my grip, what else could it be?

Thanks!

Chris



 
Posts: 1826 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I installed an Overwatch Falx in my G43. That may not be for you. I wouldn't call the pull 'light' but it's lighter than the stock pull. The trigger reach is shortened and the trigger face is smooth. There's no takeup to the trigger at all, just a nice, short break. I like it enough to have installed the same trigger in my G42, but they're not cheap, so, do some research on the Falx to decide if it's for you.

You may want to try the OEM 5.5 pound connector. IIRC, when I bought my G43 in 2015, Glock was installing an 8 pound connector.I don't know which connector they're now installing. If your connector is marked with a "+", then you have the 8 pound connector. Since the 5.5 pound connector in trhat link is marked "standard", your pistol probaby already has it. I did install the 5.5 pound connector and it did result in a lighter pull, but it's not as much of a difference as I'd hoped for.

As far as the premature slide locks on the G42/G43, welcome to my world. Read through that thread and you can experience my journey of discovery.

I ended up cutting off the slide release tab on both my G42 and G43. The pistols still lock open on an empty mag but the slide lock now functions as an internal slide lock, like the SIG P230/232 or the Walther PP series pistols. After doing this on both pistols, the premature slide locks ceased for me.


____________________________________________________

"The fact of the matter is that in waging a scorched earth, no-holds barred war of 'resistance' against this administration, it is the Left that is engaged in a systematic shredding of norms and undermining the rule of law" - US Attorney General William Barr, November 15, 2019
 
Posts: 88912 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
On my 48, the trigger was particularly odd and spongy when I first got it. I hand polished the contact surfaces on the trigger bar ramp and the firing pin disconnector. I also ran about 200rnds through it so far. Now the trigger is actually VERY nice. Naturally, it didn't lighten the trigger, but it sure made the break a lot cleaner. I'm very happy with it.
 
Posts: 5055 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I too vote for Overwatch. I put a PolyDAT trigger in my G48. The stock trigger had a poorly fitted tab that stung my finger. Overwatch has a NP3 coated + connector for G42/43/48 for $25. I could not comment on the slide lock problem.


End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
 
Posts: 9457 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
I'll third the Overwatch triggers. I have the TAC installed and it is a night and day difference.


______________________

Semper Fi
 
Posts: 3226 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I went with the Polymer DAT as well, basing my decision on the positive feedback here of Overwatch's products. I like to stick to OEM parts for all carry guns and for my other Glocks was able to switch out the serrated triggers for the smooth versions.

Being unable to do this with the 43, I had to do something as I hated the serrated trigger that much.

I also went with the connector that Yooper mentioned. The two together made a huge improvement IMO.

I've never had an issue with the slide locking back prematurely.


____________
Μολὼν Λαβέ
01 03 04 14 16 18
 
Posts: 7156 | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Keeping it factory - gently polish the trigger bar and disconnecter bar. Not really that complicated. Push out the pins. The factory trigger bar and disconnector are silver. Polish using a Dremel with Flitz polishing cream. You are taking all the rough machine marks out of thes components.
You tube has videos on the 25 cent trigger job.
Really improves performance.
You can replace the components as Para suggested to get a flat faced trigger and smoother parts.
 
Posts: 1460 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Overwatch also offers NP3 coated Glock OEM minus connectors. It makes a difference, I gave them in all of my Glocks, I like the overwatch triggers as well as the syndicate triggers
 
Posts: 2873 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I put a Vickers Tactical slide stock in my G42 and no longer have a problem with the slide staying open in the middle of a magazine.


Living the Dream
 
Posts: 3363 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
I put a Vickers Tactical slide stock in my G42 and no longer have a problem with the slide staying open in the middle of a magazine.
This, did it with both my 42 & 43.

I put OEM (-) in both of them, triggers seem fine for what they are.

I wish there was an OEM smooth trigger for the 43, but I typically don't shoot it enough for it to really matter, unlike the G19/45s.
 
Posts: 43753 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Tango Down has Vickers Tactical on BF sale- 10% off
 
Posts: 1460 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, guys! I think I will try polishing things up a bit and add the Overwatch NP3-coated Glock OEM minus connector, along with a Vickers Tactical slide stop. I'll report back when I can!

Chris



 
Posts: 1826 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I did the 25 cent trigger job on my 43. That, in addition to the standard connector and it has a nice trigger pull. I don’t have a gauge, but it worked well enough to win a division with it at a GSSF match in August. Something else I’d recommend, change out the serrated trigger shoe for a smooth one. Johnny Glock has a video on how to do it. Pretty straight forward and it makes a world of difference, IMO.

As far as the slide lock, I can’t help there. Haven’t had that come up yet. One thing you may consider, if you feel your grip may be moving, causing this issue, throw on a set of Talon grips. They really help lock the pistol on my hands when shooting.
 
Posts: 1864 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:
Hi all,

I have a few questions related to my Glock 43...

1. I prefer to keep all of my Glock internals stock, but I'd really like to make the trigger on my G43 a bit lighter and crisper. The wall is just too heavy. What do you suggest? Staying with factory parts is preferred, but willing to entertain proven reliable aftermarket parts. I'd like to replace as few parts as possible. I got my G43 about a year after it was introduced, so I *think* it may have that slightly improved factory trigger I hear about, but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe just start with dropping in a factory "-" connector (if one exists)?

2. Today at the range I was shooting my normal practice load (Speer Lawman 115 gr) when three times out of 150 rounds the slide locked back when with rounds still in the magazine. This has never happened before out of about 1000 rounds. When this occurred I noticed the slide lock lever was ever so slightly engaged. Now, my grip is tailored to not engage the slide lock lever, but you never know. If anything, I'd say my grip would keep the slide lock from engaging. If it *wasn't* my grip, what else could it be?

Thanks!

Chris

1) To fix the early G43 triggers, Glock released the G43 compatible "Minus" connector.
Being an early issue gun, you may not have this connector.
Check that you have it.

2) Your slide catch issue might be an installation error. The single wire spring must be below the upper pin.
Check that.
If it's installed correctly, then the spring could be damaged or weak.
The assembly is inexpensive....you might want to replace it.

3) Aftermarket triggers like Overwatch do not affect pull weight.
They use an OEM trigger bar.
They do bring other qualities to the party, but they do not reduce pull weight.
 
Posts: 34 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
2) Your slide catch issue might be an installation error. The single wire spring must be below the upper pin.


Its a gen 5. It has a coil spring instead of the earlier wire spring that must be placed under the upper pin.

As to the slide stop lever (not lock), my Glock 43 lever just took a dump this month as well. Was sticking up when rounds were still in the magazine. I took it apart (easy), and found that the black coating on the slide stop lever around the pin had flaked off. It looked heavily worn. I ordered a OEM Glock replacement, and it fixed the problem 100%.


______________________________________________________
Often times a very small man can cast a very large shadow
 
Posts: 5502 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
2) Your slide catch issue might be an installation error. The single wire spring must be below the upper pin.


Its a gen 5. It has a coil spring instead of the earlier wire spring that must be placed under the upper pin.

As to the slide stop lever (not lock), my Glock 43 lever just took a dump this month as well. Was sticking up when rounds were still in the magazine. I took it apart (easy), and found that the black coating on the slide stop lever around the pin had flaked off. It looked heavily worn. I ordered a OEM Glock replacement, and it fixed the problem 100%.

Good info !
 
Posts: 34 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
I put a Vickers Tactical slide stock in my G42 and no longer have a problem with the slide staying open in the middle of a magazine.


I'm a fan and also added Vicker's Mag release and mag base to the wife's G42.

Stock, with a Pearce mag base she didn't like.



Vicker's...





Have both of these on several of my Glocks..


_________________________________________________
The grabbing hands grab all they can
All for themselves, after all

Certified iPhone and Glock fan-boi..

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
 
Posts: 4021 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I also use the Pearce extension and really like the feel. Pinky now fits well on the grip.


Living the Dream
 
Posts: 3363 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A couple Glock 43 questions... 1. trigger improvement, and 2. slide lock back

© SIGforum 2019