SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Sig P320 Pro Series has landed
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Sig P320 Pro Series has landed Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texaspoff:

Are the sights and plate separate?, or is it using the M17 rear plate with the sight and plate combined.

Production date on mine is also 1-19.

This is the picture of what was hinted at being one of the pro series pistols as well. I think there are actually three versions of the Pro. This image being the version with the original style sight plate, and the shortened dust cover.

I haven't heard or seen anything else about this version since I received the picture early last year.

I suspect Tonydec may have this version.

TXPO

Sight and plate combined. It does look like the one you have pictured. Maybe they used up all the old plates before they started using the exposed screw plates? My build was 01/04/2019.

And for those that asked, I obtained mine from Proven Outfitters, and it was a long wait at my local store although the website showed them in stock since about November for some reason.

Tony

Posts: 306 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
I prefer the shorter Carry models for a duty pistol.

I think they balance a bit better and allow for a shorter holster which makes it more comfortable when sitting for me.

The full size models feel heavier towards the front IMO, especially when you add a WML to them.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPD217:
For me it's personal preference, I just prefer a full size pistol for duty carry, they point more naturally for me and I tend to shoot more accurately with the full size. Off duty I carry my 365. There is nothing wrong with a carry size pistol, I carried a P229 in 40 for several years and then went to a P220 in 45. This 320 will be my first full size striker fired pistol.

Cool. Thanks for the reply.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think they balance a bit better and allow for a shorter holster which makes it more comfortable when sitting for me.

The full size models feel heavier towards the front IMO, especially when you add a WML to them.

TXPO

This has been my experience as well.

What WML will you use with your Carry version in order to keep the overall length short?

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:

TXPO

This has been my experience as well.

What WML will you use with your Carry version in order to keep the overall length short?

I don't use a WML on my pistols, previous experience in LE, long story. I use a separate small hand held light.

If I did use a WML though, I would probably look at the TLR7 because of its size.

I have shot numerous pistols with WML both longer and shorter, and shorter ones feel better balanced, at least to me.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonydec:
quote:

Are the sights and plate separate?, or is it using the M17 rear plate with the sight and plate combined.

Production date on mine is also 1-19.

This is the picture of what was hinted at being one of the pro series pistols as well. I think there are actually three versions of the Pro. This image being the version with the original style sight plate, and the shortened dust cover.

I haven't heard or seen anything else about this version since I received the picture early last year.

I suspect Tonydec may have this version.

TXPO

Sight and plate combined. It does look like the one you have pictured. Maybe they used up all the old plates before they started using the exposed screw plates? My build was 01/04/2019.

And for those that asked, I obtained mine from Proven Outfitters, and it was a long wait at my local store although the website showed them in stock since about November for some reason.

So apparently they have three versions of the Pro Series. The full size ones my dealer has also have a full length dust cover, not the shorter version like yours.

I think the shorter dust cover looks better, personally. It is interesting about your sight plate. Does it have a slight curve on the front of the plate, or is it flat across? The curved one is the DPP cut, the flat one is the Romeo 1 cut, like the X carry.

They had to mill the slides differently for the different plates. Your version has holes for the screws drilled all the way through so the screws mount to the plate from the bottom.

On mine, the holes are drilled and tapped from the top and the holes do not go all the way through.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

posted Hide Post
It has the slight curve. I would post a pic, but I don't yet have the permissions.

Tony

Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
It has the slight curve. I would post a pic, but I don't yet have the permissions.

Then it is cut for the DPP and Romeo 1 Pro. Yours is using the same rear sight plate as the M17. I suspect yours also has the loaded chamber indicator tab on top as well like the M17.

The other two pro models do not have the indicator. I wonder if your model was built for a specific LE department requirement, and the other two are more like the standard Pro series
versions.

I have a couple of emails out to some folks at Sig that should be able to give me some details.

My agency is also hosting an armors school soon and I will hit those guys up and see what the 411 is. Smile

FYI: Just found out the version you have is the Professional MilSpec Version. It is pro series with the M17 sight plate, and shortened dust cover al'la M17. So that is a third version.

There may actually be four versions of the Pro series, a carry version that uses the rear sight plate without the lightening cut in the slide, but there ins't confirmation on this.

The LDC in the sku number denotes the long dust cover version, with the same slide as mine. that is the third version.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Then it is cut for the DPP and Romeo 1 Pro. Yours is using the same rear sight plate as the M17. I suspect yours also has the loaded chamber indicator tab on top as well like the M17.

The other two pro models do not have the indicator. I wonder if your model was built for a specific LE department requirement, and the other two are more like the standard Pro series
versions.

I have a couple of emails out to some folks at Sig that should be able to give me some details.

My agency is also hosting an armors school soon and I will hit those guys up and see what the 411 is. Smile

FYI: Just found out the version you have is the Professional MilSpec Version. It is pro series with the M17 sight plate, and shortened dust cover al'la M17. So that is a third version.

There may actually be four versions of the Pro series, a carry version that uses the rear sight plate without the lightening cut in the slide, but there ins't confirmation on this.

The LDC in the sku number denotes the long dust cover version, with the same slide as mine. that is the third version.

TXPO

I was previously given incorrect information and here is what was confirmed to me today.

There has been some confusion about the Pro series pistols. Here is what the Sig LE rep has confirmed as of today.

There are three Pro series guns, the full size, the carry model and a compact. All three are setup the same way with the rear sight dovetailed into the slide and separate RDS sight plate. None of the pro series guns have the lightening cuts.

The full size has the full size X Frame, the carry has the X Carry frame and the compact will have the new X Compact frame.

The Pro series guns have an L at the beginning of their Sku numbers and they end with Pro

Here is the sheet on both the full size and Carry Pro Series guns. Note Sku numbers.

Now for what has confused some, including myself, there are LE versions of the X full size, and X carry. They retain the rear sight and plate combination, the full size has a shortened dust cover, and both models do not have lightening cuts.

They are denoted by a W at the beginning of their Sku numbers, and do not end with Pro.

The main differences between the Pro series and LE versions is the rear sight options, one having a separate rear sight and the other having the combination sight and RDS plate.

I was initially told by one rep, that there was a Mil Spec Version of the Pro series, but that has been corrected, there is no Mil Spec version.

It is all clear as mud to me now.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

posted Hide Post
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

So I wonder what L320XF-9-BXR3-LDC-PRO means as far as SKUs go? The only difference between this and the pic above is the "X" in the first group of characters.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now for what has confused some, including myself, there are LE versions of the X full size, and X carry. They retain the rear sight and plate combination, the full size has a shortened dust cover, and both models do not have lightening cuts.

That clears it up for me. I didn't realize that they released X Fives without the cuts, but knowing that, I get it now. Thanks!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

So I wonder what L320XF-9-BXR3-LDC-PRO means as far as SKUs go? The only difference between this and the pic above is the "X" in the first group of characters.

Not sure, the only place I have seen the Sku# was sticksandstones, but the picture they have posted for that sku is the one I posted above.

Looks like a typo on their part, as they also have the same spec sheet I posted above, and the sku number is the same on both sheets, it doesn't have the X in the first sequence of numbers.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
My P320 X Pro showed up today, early. The SKU on this is L320F-9-BXR3-PRO

First impression, I like it. Now if the weather cooperates, I can get out and shoot it.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
My P320 X Pro showed up today, early. The SKU on this is L320F-9-BXR3-PRO

First impression, I like it. Now if the weather cooperates, I can get out and shoot it.

So there is two versions on the full size pro versions, like yours, and the LDC version with the full length dust cover.

I like short dust cover version like your much better.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
According to the list I have these are the P320 X Pro series guns available to LE:

Full Size,
L320F-9-BXR3-LDC-PRO (Long Dust Cover)
L320F-9-BXR3-PRO

Carry Size,
L320CA-9-BXR3-PRO

Compact Size,
L320C-9-BXR3-PRO

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that I want to throw a monkey wrench into this discussion, but the SKU on mine is:

W320XF-9-BXR3

It does have the loaded chamber indicator. I'm going to guess it was manufactured as part of a large organization order, and they made extras to fulfill some back orders of the MIL/LE type?

I did consider that it was part of the original MIL/LE guns so no PRO designation, but it was just made.

Tony

posted Hide Post
Wow. Now I'm confused.

Regardless, I think I do like the short dust cover version better, though, which is unlike me.

Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Yeah there could be others, the ones I listed above came from Sig's IOP list and are all listed Pro. Incidently, none of the P320's on this list start with W in the SKU, all start with L.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Incidently, none of the P320's on this list start with W in the SKU, all start with L.

Hmmm, could it be W for "whiner?" I say that because I started getting a bit antsy the last month or so because it was taking so long. Smile

Tony

When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
Did they ever make L320C-9-BXR3-PRO?

Sig is discontinuing the current version of the regular XCompact, and releasing a new version with a different optic cut. I'm wondering if this Pro series, that I've never seen for sale, is going to be the new commercial line item XCompact.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post