SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Sig P320 Pro Series has landed
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Sig P320 Pro Series has landed Login/Join 
Picture of Texaspoff
posted
For anyone who hasn't seen these or may be interested in them, my Pro Series Carry arrived today. They have the x carry frames, flat triggers, slide profile IE serrations, like the X Carry. The difference, no slide lightening cut, no match barrel, have stand alone X Ray sights and the RDS is cut for the DPP and R1P.

Obligatory pics.

With 21 round mag

TXPO

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Texaspoff,

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks awesomeSmile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Oooh what a tease, mines on order. It's going to be a looong two weeks.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be a LE offering only, correct?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
That's what I've been told, LE/MIL right now.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Dumb question - what's the RP1?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Dumb question - what's the RP1?

As I understand it, it’s a Romeo 1 with the mounting footprint of the Leupold DeltaPoint Pro.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my fullsize today. But FYI, it does not have the exposed screws on the RDS plate like those pictured on the carry versions, so it would have to be removed from inside the slide like other versions. The rear sight has the square notch, not rounded. It's production date was last month, 1/19.

Tony

Posts: 306 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonydec:
I received my fullsize today. But FYI, it does not have the exposed screws on the RDS plate like those pictured on the carry versions, so it would have to be removed from inside the slide like other versions. The rear sight has the square notch, not rounded. It's production date was last month, 1/19.

Are the sights and plate separate?, or is it using the M17 rear plate with the sight and plate combined.

Production date on mine is also 1-19.

My understanding from Sig is the screws on top were done for a reason, if they come loose during extended shooting, they won't possibly cause problems internally.

The New revised 320 VTAC also has the same plate with the screws on top.

I wonder how many version of this pistol are there. Smile

This is the full sized version my LE dealer has currently.

This is the picture of what was hinted at being one of the pro series pistols as well. I think there are actually three versions of the Pro. This image being the version with the original style sight plate, and the shortened dust cover.

I haven't heard or seen anything else about this version since I received the picture early last year.

I suspect Tonydec may have this version.

TXPO

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Texaspoff,

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Looks good! I’m looking forward to trying one these.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
That looks very cool!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally...I was waiting for these. Where can they be found? Google has not been kind to me lately.

And, how do these compare spec-wise with the M17/M18?

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Phred.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tony

As Texaspoff said you probably have the older version of this gun. Last year, long before the pro was announced there was a LE version of the X-Carry and Fullsize pistols. I know this because I almost bought one.

The slide had the rear sight built into the optic plate like an X-Carry or X-Five.

The new version of this gun (Pro Series) has the rear sight in its own dovetail.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
Finally...I was waiting for these. Where can they be found? Google has not been kind to me lately.

Here are a couple of sites, Osage lists them as the X5, but according to the SKU they are the X Pro.

https://www.thesigapp.com/sig-...r-w320xf-9-bxr3.html

https://www.provenoutfitters.com/p320x

Both list the specs so you can compare.

I ordered mine from Streichers in Minneapolis

posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPD217:
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:

Here are a couple of sites, Osage lists them as the X5, but according to the SKU they are the X Pro.

https://www.thesigapp.com/sig-...r-w320xf-9-bxr3.html

https://www.provenoutfitters.com/p320x

Both list the specs so you can compare.

I ordered mine from Streichers in Minneapolis

Yeah those Sku# are for the Pro series guns even though the pictures are of the older versions of the X series.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of pictures available for this pistol. I ordered the full size instead of the carry, I'll post some pics when it gets here.

posted Hide Post
What are your thoughts on the Carry vs. Full Size on these new ones? I tend to lean toward Carry size in most guns due to balance point and how quickly the sights return...but the full size would make sense with a weapon light.

Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
For me it's personal preference, I just prefer a full size pistol for duty carry, they point more naturally for me and I tend to shoot more accurately with the full size. Off duty I carry my 365. There is nothing wrong with a carry size pistol, I carried a P229 in 40 for several years and then went to a P220 in 45. This 320 will be my first full size striker fired pistol.