SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New LOK grips on CZ PCR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New LOK grips on CZ PCR Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
I have really grown to love the CZ PCR in the short time I’ve owned it. It’s super accurate and the build quality/tolerances are excellent. I even liked the stock rubber grips, but was educated on LOK grips and wow these are nice! Super well fit with no movement or flex and the texture is really nice. Well worth it thus far IMHO.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are nice. Lok grips are my new go to CZ grips. I tried to like but hated the slim aluminum styles.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just installed a set on my Beretta 92X Performance and love them. However I won’t be changing the aluminum grips out on my two CZ Shadow 2’s!!

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I like that style , looks good on your pistol.

Lok makes good grips, I purchased a set for a Browning Hi Power I owned.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Feels a decent amount thinner now as well.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Speaking of which...

LOK Grips are 20% off through Mon 30th.
https://lokgrips.com/?bf

VZ Grips are 25% off through this Sun 29th.
quote:
Save 25% on all Hand Gun grips, AR-15 Bundles, VZ Daggers, Gerber tools, Apparel, 1911 Screws, and Clearance Page items when you enter code FRIDAY25 at VZGrips.com. Sale ends on Sunday, Nov 29th, 2020. Discount does not apply on top of existing discounts. Get FREE SHIPPING on all orders of $100 or more to addresses inside the USA.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
I have really grown to love the CZ PCR in the short time I’ve owned it. It’s super accurate and the build quality/tolerances are excellent. I even liked the stock rubber grips, but was educated on LOK grips and wow these are nice! Super well fit with no movement or flex and the texture is really nice. Well worth it thus far IMHO.

If you haven't checked out Cajun Gun Works, give them a look. They have the parts and/or the know how to make that PCR trigger smooth as butter.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Those really look cool; I like the design. I have a CZ-75 P-01 Omega with VZ grips (similar in size to your PCR); like you, the stock grips were just fine, but the VZ grips really made it feel even better. Again, those are some sharp looking grips!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cajun is 10% off and free shipping this weekend. Makes it a new gun.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
The Cajun route is tempting. I thought I read that a lot of people also replace a pin, maybe the firing pin safety cross pin or something as it can easily deform?

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The PCR/P01 is a fantastic shooting gun. Those grips make yours Fantastic looking as well.

Enjoy it in good health.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful grips. Congratulations on acquiring the CZ bug. Another big shout out for the PCR/P-01, and what Cajun can do with them. It is a little pricey, and takes a little time, but IMO well worth it.
What grip thickness and texture are those?

Do any of the LOK afficianados on this thread have experience comparing the thin aluminum grips for the PCR/P-01 vs the thin LOK grips with Bogie or other patterns? The thin aluminum grips don't feel right for me, but I wonder how the thin LOK grips are.

Enjoy that PCR!

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the bogie grips, with the palm swell contour.

Not that it affects the grip, but I also like the aesthetic color insert that LOK grips offers.

The bogies with palm swell match the factory rubber grip contour, and even with a smooth front strap and back strap, that pistol isn't going anywhere in the hand.

The smooth front strap and back strap are easily addressed with a bit of skateboard tape. I'm not a big fan of tape, but a little goes a along way, is easily replaced, and the front straps on the pistols that come without, are too thin for file checkering.

There are a lot of less expensive grips for the CZ's, but none fit or work as well as the LOK grips. I prefer them over the metal grips, which can be spikey and do stay in thte hand, but are like holding a cheese grater. I feel that the thin metal grip goes in the wrong direction. My palm isn't flat and thin, and the most benefit comes from the most grip area in contact with my hand.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The factory firing pin retaining roll pin is commonly replaced because it deforms/breaks pretty easily. Cheap fix. Might as well replace the trigger pin as well with their floating style. Looks like the dog bone pine Beretta uses to retain the hammer spring. Makes any trigger, trigger return spring work a breeze. CZ loves putting in roll pins everywhere. The trigger one being flared just sucks.

After doing numerous decocker seat cages in a row I can say if you understand a couple “tricks” and buy a couple spare lifter springs and slave pin it is very doable work for huge gain.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the comments guys. I will look into the pin replacement. And to address the grip texture, it’s the thin Matrix design per LOK. They are thinner than the factory rubber ones as there is no palm swell. I like both and would love to feel this texture with the palm swell.