SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I was in a gun store at 2:00 p.m.

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
I was in a gun store at 2:00 p.m. Login/Join 
posted
A sales associate was pulling all the Sig P320 pistols out of the showcase.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Well I can't fault them for that. I assume they will be sending them all back for the upgrade. It does seem totally possible that if someone bought one after the announcement and dropped it and shot themselves then they would bring a lawsuit against the gunstore.

I don't know if they would win or not but I am sure the risk for the store is more than the reward of the sales of a few P320s. If I owned a gun store I'd probably pull inventory too just to protect myself from some stupid lawsuit.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Yep. Too big a risk.

Problem with our tort legal system is that even if the defendant "wins" the case he loses ($$$). I like some of the European countries where if you launch a civil suit and lose, you pay the other guys legal fees and court costs.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I was told Sig requested the P320 removal.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Report This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
But it's a voluntary upgrade!? I have five of these now useless things!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
I was in Top Gun Supply this afternoon, and it was business as usual, they still have a case full of P320s, in all sizes, and a gentleman was picking up a full size P320 with a drop in GGI trigger.
No one appeared to care about any possible issues with the gun.

It's all about perception, and perspective.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Report This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
I can tell you for a fact that Sig did not request shops to pull the P320s

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:
I can tell you for a fact that Sig did not request shops to pull the P320s
I mean lets be honest here, the OP overhead something in a GUN STORE.

Odds of anything being said in such places has a high probability of being complete bullshit.

And then again, SIG has changed it's tune a number of times this week - maybe the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing... Wink

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There's no need for another thread on this subject, guys.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post