SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    First Range Trip w/New XD-9 Mod 2 5" (now with pix!)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Range Trip w/New XD-9 Mod 2 5" (now with pix!) Login/Join 
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted
So, yesterday I finally made it to the range with my new XD-9 Mod 2 5", and I am very pleased with the results. It was an indoor range, and it was really hot, so I only stayed about 45 minutes and about 115 rounds. I was very happy with the gun's performance. There were zero bobbles of any kind. The sand paper Talon grip locked it into my hands such that it didn't move at all.

I only shot at 7 and 10 yards, but for me it's really good; in the hands of someone with more ability, this gun would be a frickin' laser.

The ammo was 115gr Blazer. The little bump on top of the slide is just the device I used to prop the gun up; I didn't notice it until after I uploaded the pictures.

7 yds:

10 yds:

Edited to try pictures using a different host.

Anyway, I couldn't be happier with this gun. I still prefer my Sigs, of course, but this is a great gun, too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigFan,

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post