SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Well my 320 X-Carry locked up!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well my 320 X-Carry locked up! Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
Shooting some winchester white box. Slide only went about 90% into battery. There it's stuck. Was able to finally push it rest of way into battery and at least fire the round. That way I'm not putzing around with a live round stuck in chamber.

But its locked up & will only go about 1/2 inch back. Tried cleaning rod from muzzle end with some aggressive pressure. Nothing.

Anyone experienced anything like this? I'm thinking it may have to go back to Sig if I can't come up with a solution.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Try turning the recoil spring rod from the front, it's probably not seated properly.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Have you tried a good solid push/whack against a wood shooting bench or similar(safe direction). I have had to do this a couple times for other folks. Use the muzzle or sights for leverage.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Have you tried a good solid push/whack against a wood shooting bench or similar(safe direction). I have had to do this a couple times for other folks. Use the muzzle or sights for leverage.

Yeah I put the front of the slide on the work bench and gave it a pretty aggressive few wacks. Hoping maybe just some expanded brass. No go. It's solid.

I'll try working the guide rod as suggested and see if I can get anything to happen there.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I had an X-carry that locked up in battery, after firing, several times. I had to use a bench against the muzzle and push with just about all my weight to clear it.

When I contacted SIG, they were adamant that the pistol be cleared of spent brass before being sent in. SIG replaced the slide assembly and it worked fine after that.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
I had an X-carry that locked up in battery, after firing, several times. I had to use a bench against the muzzle and push with just about all my weight to clear it.

When I contacted SIG, they were adamant that the pistol be cleared of spent brass before being sent in. SIG replaced the slide assembly and it worked fine after that.

I still haven't messed with it. But it's wearing a romeo optic & Gray Guns x-carry grip. I can't get any of these things off without getting it un-jammed to send back.

posted Hide Post
Why can't you remove the Romeo1? The mounting screws are on the top of the sight, not inside the slide.

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Archer1440:
Why can't you remove the Romeo1? The mounting screws are on the top of the sight, not inside the slide.

Good point. It's been a while since I put it on. I just remembered removing the back plate with the screws from the bottom side of the slide. Forgot screws went into Romeo from top.

Guess I should get it out of my range back and screw with it some more.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Just remember my motto....

“If it jams....FORCE IT. If it breaks....you needed a new one anyway.” Smile

Good luck. Would love to know the final outcome (why the lockup etc.)

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My PPQ jammed up on a case so tight I had to wrap the tip of a punch with a towel an hit it with a mallet. At least you know yours is fired...mine was a live round. That was a lot of fun. It actually came free quickly, just the setup was tedious.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post