SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ugh... an embarrasing Glock.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ugh... an embarrasing Glock..... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've seen various cerakote glocks in local shops; eggshell blue, purple, etc. It may be an appeal to women, but my concern with them is that they look too much like toys.

It's not a matter of aesthetics, but they look like a child's toy, which might encourage a child to pick one up.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Showed this to my wife. Her reply was "Do they have it with swarovski crystals?"

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
It may be an appeal to women, but my concern with them is that they look too much like toys.

It's not a matter of aesthetics, but they look like a child's toy, which might encourage a child to pick one up.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Regarding the Glock, paint is just paint, the innards are all business.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Consider this - the color may cause confusion for the assailant/perp and buy you another second or two.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Guys" with man buns don't buy guns, so....

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Go back to the M&P EZ part.....

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Wow. I cannot believe somebody did that to the Arsenal double 1911. Lme be them or hate them they are high dollar collectibles and will likely be worth money down the road.

SIGs, Glocks, Smith’s etc. ..... ehh whatever blows your skirt up. You start doing it something like Smith Registered Magnums.....WHOLE DIFFERENT BALLGAME.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Dagmars...now who thought THAT was a good idea?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by Udo:
I'm confused. Does the color affect the point of aim?

Some people need a sense of humor.... It's just a funny thread.

Yes, I am happy she is armed, and I'm really happy it's a Glock. No the color doesn't make it less lethal or effective.

I just found it amusing that it's a pastel girlie Barbie glock.....

I think you're looking at this the wrong way.
Just think of what you can say (heaven forbid) after she uses it!

"Dude, not only did you get shot by a girl, you got shot by a girl with a girly gun!"
That alone is worth the Missus having a girly gun!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011...a-home-invasion.html

The fatal pink revolver.

"Panthaber, meanwhile, said he and his fiancee are lucky to be alive. He said he purchased the pink handgun for Brown last Christmas and that the two had gone to target practice together.

“She was not a good shot at the range,” he quipped."

Apparently she was when it counted.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post