SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ugh... an embarrasing Glock.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ugh... an embarrasing Glock..... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I recently got my wife an M&P EZ and she likes it. But then she decided that she also liked my G43... so we were at the LGS and they had a Glock in Tiffany blue and silver...

LOL It is the girliest Glock ever! I almost had to hang my head in shame and hide in the gun store.

But its a Glock, so that is a good thing I guess.

I just hope I never need to defend myself with it.... LOL

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I just hope I never need to defend myself with it.... LOL

I'd rather have that than an empty hand to defend myself.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
A pistol nearly the size of a PPK that shoots 9mm in an even lighter package is not a bad thing and as 12131 noted...f a r better than an empty hand...I like mine and carry it often...

Shoots like a GLOCK, aims like a GLOCK and at least as accurate as a GLOCK...getchusome...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Ask the guy in Atlanta who was attempting to control his victim but became known as 'the guy that got shot by the chick with the pink revolver'.

His mug was everywhere and the story ran for three days. Unfortunately, he lived...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
I have no problem having Lady Smiths , but this is different...

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shooter's choice Eek

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’m confused; were you buying it for you, or for her? As long as she’s happy, you’ll be happy...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I’m confused; were you buying it for you, or for her? As long as she’s happy, you’ll be happy...

Its for her... I'm happy she has a Glock, but it certainly isn't a very "manly" version.

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BT2012
posted Hide Post
Think of the color as a tactical advantage. When the perp sees the Glock, they will laugh and give your wife the extra time to aim and shoot

Posts: 21 | Registered: November 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BT2012:
Think of the color as a tactical advantage. When the perp sees the Glock, they will laugh and give your wife the extra time to aim and shoot

LOL

posted Hide Post
I looked it up. It does not look particularly feminine. It just looks like a gun for Dorks, like if you had a man bun.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
No worse than the fake “battle worn finish” guns that were popular a year or two ago. If she likes it, can shoot it, and will use it, it’s a win.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She made sure you are going to keep your hands to yourself. Smile

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
My shop takes customer's guns in for cerakoting. We have a big contractor who cerakotes for some big names including Aero Precision, and we are his "front office" for custom and one off jobs.

You'd be surprised at how many pistols come in for "Tiffany Blue" slides and even frames. Apparently, it's a big hit with the ladies, or at least with husbands who think it will be a big hit.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I've seen several pistols showing up in shades of blue and white. I understand it was Kimber that first introduced the Bel Air in their line.

https://www.kimberamerica.com/micro-belair

I have not seen the Glock model yet in the wild. Here's a peek.

https://www.theoutdoorstrader....e-beautiful.1429612/

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 867 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
As much as I don't like them, if they get more people / women involved in shooting, it's all good to me.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. Does the color affect the point of aim?

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We got that same Glock for my wife. She just had to have it. I guess if that gets her carrying and shooting then whatever. Get her what she wants.

We were in a shop the other day and there’s a pink version of the same gun, now she wanted that too.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
'Cerakote' (meh)...just be mindful to shoot that gun a LOT to make certain that it cycles properly. Haven't heard specific results about G43s with slides done in Cerakote but slower-than-spec slide speed issues have occurred with double-stack 9mm Glocks, both coated in the aftermarket and those factory "full FDE" and "full gray" guns done before they shipped from Glock. We've had customers complaining about their Cerakoted Glocks--mostly G19s and G26s--stovepiping, double-feeding and other impotence-rendering problems related to poor cycling.

I've been reluctantly bringing in colored guns a lot more into our inventory lately. Basic black and the usual FDE and OD greens aren't exciting the more casual gun buyer these days.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Udo:
I'm confused. Does the color affect the point of aim?

Some people need a sense of humor.... It's just a funny thread.

Yes, I am happy she is armed, and I'm really happy it's a Glock. No the color doesn't make it less lethal or effective.

I just found it amusing that it's a pastel girlie Barbie glock.....