SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I know, I know. Another gen 5 Glock thread
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I know, I know. Another gen 5 Glock thread Login/Join 
Picture of cooger
posted
I think glock hit it out of the park with this one. I've been wanting a 17 for a while so I picked one up with the Ameriglo Bold night sights. I shot it yesterday and couldn't be happier with the gun. The finger grooves bother me on my gen 4 19 but never really have on my 22. I could tell a huge difference though when I shot the 17. A gen 5 19 is my next purchase now. The lack of finger grooves kept the gun from moving in my hand and made follow up shots seem quicker.

The Ameriglo Bold sights are magnificent. I prefer a square rear notch so these fit the bill. The big orange front sight is super quick to pick up. I felt like my eyes were drawn to it as I pushed the gun out. I can see where the size may cause issues at distance but I only shot out to ten yards due to lack of time.

The following targets were shot at 7 and 10 yards. The bottom group is 27 rounds and the top is 18 (I think). I fired one round every 1-2 seconds. I'm very happy with the gun and sights. I've only ever used regular 3 dot night sights so I wasn't sure how I'd like them....but they are awesome.

If you're on the fence about this gun I would highly recommend it.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
Can you make those pictures a bit larger? Holy shit!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gtmtnbiker98:
Can you make those pictures a bit larger? Holy shit!

Yeah I noticed that. I posted them from Imgur and have no idea how to resize them.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I don't see the option to choose picture sizes. I'm using my phone so maybe that's why.

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:
I don't see the option to choose picture sizes. I'm using my phone so maybe that's why.

Y ah I haven't found the option to resize on my phone just the computer.

Nice shooting.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Lets see... A nosebleed and acid reflux.

Yup, they won't break into your house twice! Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
With a target that close, no wonder you hit it.
Maybe get back to about 4 yards and try it again.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post