SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Happy Retirement To Me!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Retirement To Me! Login/Join 
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your Retirement and enjoy that incredible Sport. I have the P220ST with Solid Black Hogue G-10 Piranhas and it looks AMAZING!

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
great friend. great round. great gun. and, congratulations on retiring.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your retirement, and for having such a great lifelong friend. I'm sorry to read about his battle with arthritis and how you and him won't be able to go out to the shooting range as you have done in the past. Getting old is a bitch, no doubts about that. Shoot that baby for the both of you.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Congratulations on your retirement, and for having such a great lifelong friend. I'm sorry to read about his battle with arthritis and how you and him won't be able to go out to the shooting range as you have done in the past. Getting old is a bitch, no doubts about that. Shoot that baby for the both of you.

Couldn't say it any better than soggy_spinout.

Congratulations!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
What an awesome gift and friend. I would turn around and get him a sweet 22 pistol. Maybe he will have better luck with a more manageable caliber. Enjoy your wonderful gift. Enjoy the gun too Smile

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell of a friend you got there

I've got a .22 lr paycheck and .41 mag tastes

Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Posts: 76 | Location: Dewitt, Iowa | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I can't find any photos of those grips on a stainless frame/slide Sig.

Congrats on the retirement, pistol and having such a great friend.

**Thanks to creslin for setting up an easy to use hosting site. Wink

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet! That's a very generous friend you have. Happy retirement!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Shoot that baby for the both of you.

I think that was part of his thinking. He's real anxious to see how it shoots for me Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I would turn around and get him a sweet 22 pistol. Maybe he will have better luck with a more manageable caliber.

We've discussed that. He gave me a smattering of .22 LR ammo, along with the other stuff. "You still have 22s, though, don't you?" He does, but has no interest in shooting them.

Thanks for the photo, Excam_Man. That does look pretty sharp. $110 for a pair of those, though. I dunno...

Thanks for the congratulations and best wishes, everybody!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg Cote has them for $102 free shipping. That's what I got mine for a P225.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Friendships like that are earned, that speaks to the kind of guy you are.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Ongrats on the retirement AND the ultra cool gift. What a friend!

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn!!! Nice and happy retirement. I wish I had friends like that. All my friends ask to borrow money.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
I'm retiring next year. Can I borrow your friend.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Good thing you are getting your reloading setup complete. Retirement means a lot more reloading and shooting. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Jeez. Did you tell him you're retiring again next year? Smile

And the next 10+ years (from those other "jobs" that pop up when you "retire"...congratulations on your retirement...enjoy, my friend Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
That's a great story and makes me think about my dear friend as well. I have a couple guns that I've comptemplated giving him someday just because I wanna see his face light up like Christmas.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Well that's sweet! What a good friend you've got got there.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post