SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Happy Retirement To Me!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Retirement To Me! Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
I stopped by my best friend's on the way back from Cabela's, yesterday. We talked about this and that. He had some stuff set out he was giving me. (Lee Auto-Prime, some shell holders, etc.) There were a couple boxes of .357 Sig ammo sitting there. I allowed as how I'd always been curious about the round. Told him about my new P320F .45 ACP, the MHS and about how I guess now I'd have to buy a .357 Sig Caliber X-Change kit for it Smile

We talked some more, then he said "You're going to need something for that ammo." "Eh?", I thought. He walks out, comes back and plunks this

down in front of me (in the box). I open the box, look... Pick it up, drop the mag, rack it (out pops a snap cap), look at him. He's watching me... The penny drops. "You're giving me this?!?!" "Yes," he replied, with a big grin. "Happy Retirement!"

Ho-ly crap!

I cannot wait to get this bad boy to the range. My first DA/SA Sig, too.

(He must've had the trigger tuned further, cuz there's no way it's the 3½ lbs. the specs say it is in SA. Zero, and I mean zero creep.)

I'm still in shock.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Happy retirement ensigmatic! You have a great friend. Enjoy that new Sig, she's a beauty.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
That IS on hell of a good Friend! Enjoy your new life as well. Congrats on retiring.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, beautiful gun! It's begging for a set of black and grey G10 grips...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeez. Did you tell him you're retiring again next year? Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Wow, beautiful gun! It's begging for a set of black and grey G10 grips...

Are you talking about these?

I dunno... They certainly look interesting, but the stock Hogue's feel pretty good and I can't find any photos of those grips on a stainless frame/slide Sig.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on retiring and to having such a great friend.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
One of the best of the entire breed.

Congratulations.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice gift, he's a keeper.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your retirement and your new Sig. That is beautiful. You have an amazing friend.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding retirement gift. From an outstanding friend!
Good luck!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Retirement, highly reccommended by the dog! Congratulations.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your retirement. You have a great friend too.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
This guy and I have been buddies since just after he graduated from high school and just before I did. We've had more fun together doing all kinds of stuff. Street-racing on Woodward Ave. back in the day when it was known world-wide as the biggest street strip in the world. Camping. Biking. Motorcycling. CB and Ham Radio'ing. Slot-car racing. All kinds of stuff. And, of course, shooting Smile

He can't shoot any more due to arthritis Frown. He's having a hard time just maintaining minimum proficiency to keep his CPL. Such a shame. This guy was the best, fastest shot I ever knew. One of the top competitors at his club. If I ever wanted to know for sure if one of my handguns was "right," he'd be the guy to check it out. He once shot a 5-shot 1½" group at 25 yards, from a rest, with my P239 SAS, with four of 'em w/in 3/4". No mean feat with a compact with a DAK trigger!

He said to me, yesterday "I can't shoot it any more. I can't think of anyone I'd like more to have it than you."

A good friend, indeed.

Sometimes fate deals you a sad hand. Now that I'm retired, and have all the time in the world, he and I can't spend time together shooting any more Frown

Thanks for the retirement congratulations, everybody Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wonderful! Cool

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
He's no "best friend." He's an angel on earth....

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that's a good friend!

Congrats on your retirement, and the new gun! Enjoy both!

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
That is gorgeous! Congrats on retirement!

I see the air brakes on the top of the slide are up, it that to keep the slide velocity down? It is a pretty hot round Wink

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! That's one heck of a retirement gift.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Congrats on retirement and having a great friend!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post