SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P2022 grip size
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P2022 grip size Login/Join 
posted
I did a search but could find an answer here or out there on the webs so I figured I would come here for the answer.

The last time I picked up a P2022 was in 2005 and my memory is so fuzzy it may have been a sigpro. I remember it being 2005 because I was at the SIG armorers class. I liked the gun overall but the grips were a bit big for me. I have heard they have made even smaller grips than back then but nothing definite. I have a P228 from 1995 if a comparison helps.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 228 | Location: Nevada  | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAcop:
The last time I picked up a P2022 was in 2005 and my memory is so fuzzy it may have been a sigpro.

All SP2022s are Sig Pros. The Sig Pro family includes the early SP2009 and SP2340 models as well as the later SP2022 model.

quote:
I have heard they have made even smaller grips than back then but nothing definite.

Yes, there's a newer "Small" Sig Pro grip available. Your SP2022 back in 2005 most likely had a "Medium" grip, but may have even had a "Large" grip. Either way, the newer "Small" grip will be smaller.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The older grips marked "SigPro" came in Large and Medium sizes. The newer grips marked "SigSauer" come in Medium and Small sizes.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok. Thanks. How does the "small" compare to a 228 or 226?

I ask because I need a short trigger on my 228 and the sigpro with medium was just a bit too big. Nice but just not quite there. Also the grip seemed too thick. I have small fingers on a medium palm. Weird hands.

Posts: 228 | Location: Nevada  | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
In my experience, the small grip with a standard trigger would probably have a similar reach to a P228 (factory grips) with short trigger. Maybe even a slight bit shorter...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There's also a Short Trigger available for the SP2022, if needed.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Many don't like the short trigger, my SP has it, I like it, and use the small grips, since I have small hands.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. They aren't common so you guys helped.

posted Hide Post
I've had the same question for a long time. I have an earlier 2022 with the grips that have the Sig Pro name. My 2022 came with 2 mags but no replacement grips. I have the short trigger and I like it but sometimes wonder if the larger grips would make the reach a slight bit longer and would therefore make the trigger break slightly more forward for me (although I know in reality it would not be more forward, rather have the effect of feeling it would be breaking sooner.)

I've never been able to find a larger replacement grips for my 2022. I've looked several times and finally gave up.

Posts: 1396 | Location: King of Prussia PA | Registered: September 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Rifmon, if you have the time and inclination, go looking through old grips boxes at the LGS. It seems like every LGS around here has two or three homeless 2022 grips.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The large is the only one with rubber.

Numrich carries them: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/888170.htm

The description is terrible, says medium refers to the rubber density (?). But again, if there's rubber, it's large.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post