SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Oooo another fun question. Which Handgun Would You Probably Like But Never Own???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oooo another fun question. Which Handgun Would You Probably Like But Never Own??? Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Sistema 1927 or a blued BHP in 9mm.

Last Sistema I saw for sale was at Cabela's, significant rust on the slide with pitting, priced at $999, too high for what it was. BHP's, last one I saw was in .40 and brushed nickel. IF it was blued or in 9mm it would have come home with me. But the way it was, I just could not warm up to it enough, not even to have the store take it out of the cabinet for me.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
I would like to own a Beretta 93r, but unless our restrictions on new Title II firearms for personal use is reversed, I am not likely to find one for sale in the US

I concur... 93 R would be right nice . So would a HK MP7. I shot an HK. an Uzi, and a Glock 18 ... all full auto or on 3 burst . ( promotional)Full auto rental at my indoor club's range.

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 181 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
P-08 Parabellum Luger

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Heirloom Precision custom Colt 45 Govt. Actually, I’m fairly certain I’ll never own one!

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Anything by Wilson Combat, Nighthawk Custom, Ed Brown, or Les Baer...it's just too much $$ to sink on a pistol - at least for a mere mortal like me.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Colt Delta Elite, Glock G20 or Sig 220 in 10mm. Never owned a 10.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
Sig P210

Posts: 1050 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
Desert Eagle.

quote:
Originally posted by mdksz:
50 Deagle.

quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Desert Eagle.

quote:
Originally posted by RioGrande481:
A stainless Desert Eagle in .50 AE.

If you guys were any closer, we could make a weekend out of it. Wink

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
A stainless Desert Eagle in .50 AE.

Thinking more broadly beyond just handguns - Thompson SMG. Even thinking about this I can hear my bank account empty from all the .45 ACP ammo I’d go through.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Newly manufactured Colt 1903. Just something old and cool about it.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1530 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thompson SMG. Even thinking about this I can hear my bank account empty from all the .45 ACP ammo I’d go through.

I’m gonna be a little bit of a gun heretic here. I’ve shot several Thompson’s and beyond the history and intrinsic cool factor I don’t like em.

Heavy as hell for what they are, weird recoil impulse, rate of fire far too fast on the early ones and just a little clunky. I mean I am a gun guy and totally appreciate the Thompson but the practical shooter in me......ehhh it’s kinda not that great. Give me a Garand or MP40 instead.

Bring on the pitchforks and torches!!! Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Browning Hi Power 9mm.

It's quite likely my favorite handgun ever, with all it's lore and history, but I can't keep my support hand off of the slide stop. When I shoot a BHP, I always lock the slide open in mid-magazine. I'm not going to curl my thumbs down after so many years of thumb straight, so, I'll never own one again but I love it.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RioGrande481:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
[QUOTE]Thompson SMG. Even thinking about this I can hear my bank account empty from all the .45 ACP ammo I’d go through.

I’m gonna be a little bit of a gun heretic here. I’ve shot several Thompson’s and beyond the history and intrinsic cool factor I don’t like em.

Heavy as hell for what they are, weird recoil impulse, rate of fire far too fast on the early ones and just a little clunky. I mean I am a gun guy and totally appreciate the Thompson but the practical shooter in me......ehhh it’s kinda not that great. Give me a Garand or MP40 instead.

Bring on the pitchforks and torches!!! Smile

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
A well reasoned and succinct argument sir.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Glock 7.

I'll probably never own one because they are really rare.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
H&K P7 (any variant)
Bren Ten

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A matched set of nickle plated break top, 10 mm single shot dueling pistols w/ white grips.

they would have 5 1/4 inch barrels,
bi color sights, single action.

In a finely crafted quarter sawn oak ,presentation box, w/ a green velvet lining.

The interior lid would hold 12) 180 gr. Jacketed Hollow Point cartridges from Buffalo Bore.

I would have a lid operated switch for a music box, It would play "closer walk with thee " when you open it.

the barrels would be sculpted to look like 1 1/4 inch hemp rope.

The grips would have hummingbirds on them with scrimshaw.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigNull:
7.5 Brno

Agree.
Also on this subject for me: the missing .45 acp Luger prototype, and a very old but minty set of dueling pistols.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
There's a list of them for me...

Classics:

Bren Ten
Automag
Wildey
ASP S&W Model 39
Devel S&W
S&W Registered Magnum

Contemporary:

G18
MP5
Beretta 93R
Beretta Sport Stock
Korth Revolver
Korriphila HSP 701
SIG P240
SIG P210-8
ALIEN

BUT... It won't keep me from tryin' Big Grin

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG P210, or a high-end 1911.

Oooh, or a Colt Python, new or old.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dehughes,

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post