SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Oooo another fun question. Which Handgun Would You Probably Like But Never Own???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oooo another fun question. Which Handgun Would You Probably Like But Never Own??? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I can think of a couple, at least. Lessee... In no particular order:

A high-end 1911 in .45 ACP. An Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, Nighthawk Custom or the like. Problem here is they're way outside my budget.

A P228. Problem here is that, what with having so many other "wanna haves," I just can't justify buying one. So unless I win one of Q's karmas, probably not gonna happen.

Non-handgun firearms I'd like to have but probably never will:

A reach-out-and-touch-someone rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. But this is kind of like the P228: I already have my ROATS rifle in .308 Win, so can't justify the expense.

A tactical shotgun. Don't need it, but I'd like to have one.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Probably the new alien pistol. $5000?!

But also the Chiappa Rhinos.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't look now, but there've been one or two great deals on Mossberg 590A1s floating around over the past month.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Korth .357 with a 6" barrel

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mauser C96 Broomhandle with stock

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am fascinated by the Largo Alien.
But a. If it costs over twice as much as my present USPSA match gun (four times as much as my main IDPA gun), will it let me shoot twice as well?

And b. Will it last in the market? I thought the Strike One was an interesting design that looked like a potentially good performer, but where are they now?

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
The Korth 1911 look-alike

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

Don't look now, but there've been one or two great deals on Mossberg 590A1s floating around over the past month.

Thanks, but I just a month ago checked "10mm" off the list. I gotta get mags for it, ammo (wish me luck), and I'm thinkin' a shoulder rig for it and my other FS 1911.

That's pretty much gonna kill the firearms budget for a while. 'Specially as our retirement account is currently lookin' a mite anorexic Frown.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to have select fire MP5, but wouldn’t spend the time or $$$ to buy one.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
Probably the new alien pistol. $5000?!

But also the Chiappa Rhinos.

Good call on the Chiappa Rhino. That’s on my list for this thread.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
7.5 Brno

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Jesse James Cisco 1911. $5k is too salty for me.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
P210

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
SIG x5 supermatch.
HK 9mm Match
Wildey Survivor
Korth .357 mag

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Heirloom Precision BHP always wanted one, never gonna happen

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
3” Korth 357 with 9mm cylinder.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Luger

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Blasphemy!!! I love DE’s and tend to collect the different color ways. However my gun will be more blasphemous for many...an MP5 or similar clone (semi or full auto). No bolt hold open has kept me from getting into them. Or a handgun I know, but I didn’t have a hand gun that came to mind.
All of the MP5 caliber offerings (except 9MM) do have a last round bolt hold open. It was a requirement of the FBI when the MP5/10 was created for them decades ago .

It is visible just above the Fire Control Group. Thanks to the lighting it is a grey looking rectangle. That is the latch that holds the bolt back. There is a rotating pin along it's base that is actuated by the magazine floor plate

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I would like to own a Beretta 93r, but unless our restrictions on new Title II firearms for personal use is reversed, I am not likely to find one for sale in the US

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Desert Eagle.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post