SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320, fill me in
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320, fill me in Login/Join 
Picture of gunsmoke92
posted
I found a like new P320 at the LGS this evening. They're asking $432 OTD, and I'm tempted to the point of putting it on layaway. It just feels good in the hand, and for that price, including the box, mags, and a holster, I'm thinking I might need another Sig. I haven't had a polymer Sig in years, not since my 2340, so this looks like a good way to get back in the nest.

So, what kind of good info can you throw my way?

The best defense is a good offense, and I'm really offensive. Wink

Posts: 277 | Location: Rigby,ID | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's probably typical for a used P320, even in very good shape. New they're running just over five hundred without night sights, about 570 with, using sig factory night sights.

I've seen used ones here going for more, and used values have been going back up since the sky-is-falling furor died away following the factory "upgrade." Magazines are still expensive.

If it's in good shape and like-new, yours is probably a good price; fair.

I have no complaints about the P320; it does everything that it's advertised to do, and in my limited experience, does it well. It is light, ergonomic, very reliable, has an excellent trigger, and is an all around good pistol. I ended up buying several and gave a few away to my boys, who seem to love them.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't like how the P250 felt in my hand, so I stayed away from the P320 for a bit. After not getting what I wanted out of the VP9 and PPQ, I folded and tried the P320. I added a large grip module and talons right away, but this was my first 15 rounds with it:

I had some issues with the original sear reset design, but the upgrade resolved that and it took over my EDC place from my venerable P229.

Everyone is gonna be different, and the VP9 and PPQ beat the P320 in many areas, but overall the P320 is just a better pistol for me.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I've had very good luck with mine. I've always been a fan of the 250 ergos, I just hated the hell out of that long DA trigger. So the 320 was kind of a combo best-of-both deal for me. Keep the awesome feel of the 250, but swap to the more user-friendly striker trigger assembly.

Do you know which version it is? Full Size, Carry, Compact, Sub-Compact? It makes a big difference to me. The full-size is too big for me - unless it's a dedicated non carry, or just a range pig - but at that point, why not just get the X5 or similar. The ironically named "carry" is another one I would not prefer to pack daily. And the Sub-compact is a bit too much of a compromise for me without the attending benefits that a gun like the 365 brings to the table.

The compact version strikes the best balance between the models for me. I've had one in the compact 9mm and one in the compact .45 - long story short, I like the .45 a little better, but they're both very good.

My 9C went back for the voluntary upgrade, but my 45C is post upgrade - already that way from the factory.

I think at the price you listed, it's hard to go very wrong.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunsmoke92
posted Hide Post
Awesome, so I didn't do nothin' dumb. Wink

This one is the compact, in 40 S&W, with night sights. I don't remember, but I believe it doesn't have a manual safety either....could be wrong. Either way, I find the ergos to be fantastic, with no high points or areas that rub. It feels pretty good as is, but I'm a fan of Talons, so I may have to order a set up. Another grip I like is the Agrip from Brooks Tactical, but I don't know if they make one for the 320 yet. I also see Apex has a flat trigger for them as well. I'm a sucker for flat triggers.

As a side note, I believe this one has the upgraded trigger. It's not the thick Sig trigger, but a slimmer blade.

The best defense is a good offense, and I'm really offensive. Wink

Posts: 277 | Location: Rigby,ID | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post