SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why am I late to the Talon party?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why am I late to the Talon party? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
On a G19, will Talons fit over the largest size grip backstop insert?
Thanks,

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I think on the Gen4's it asks you on the grip adapter your using

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by j38:
On a G19, will Talons fit over the largest size grip backstop insert?
Thanks,

Jerry

Yes you you select what grip insert you are using

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Better late than pregnant!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm going to switch the grip on my G42 from the rubber to the granulate. I had a marathon session with this pistol on a very hot gun range and I was having trouble holding on to the pistol.
Sweaty hands are a definite possibility in a deadly encounter, yes? Something to consider.
The rubber is fine when your hands are dry, but seems to be inadequate when hands are wet, at least with tiny pistols such as the G42.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107465 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'm going to switch the grip on my G42 from the rubber to the granulate. I had a marathon session with this pistol on a very hot gun range and I was having trouble holding on to the pistol.
Sweaty hands are a definite possibility in a deadly encounter, yes? Something to consider.
The rubber is fine when your hands are dry, but seems to be inadequate when hands are wet, at least with tiny pistols such as the G42.

It will fix the problem. They are the only ones I use.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Let us know how that goes, P. I haven't tried the granulated type.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I bought a set of the granulated texture for my P320C. Typical excellent Talon fit. The texture is less aggressive than the skateboard tape I use on the front strap of metal framed Sigs. I can definitely see why you wouldn't and to carry IWB without an undershirt though.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Don't discount Traction Grips. They are half the price of the Talons and have worked well for me on my XD 45. They have rubber and granulated.
Available on Amazon for $9.99 shipped.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I use granulate Talons for some of my range guns but like the rubber ones for carry. When I was ordering a set for my G43, I saw they had "Moss" color now, in addition to black. Since my G43 has an FDE frame, I tried them out.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do the Traction Grips cover the back strap, too?

Posts: 847 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
To me anyway ,they make a huge difference on the G42/43, same for the 320C. They really transform those guns from "OK" to a much better FIT in the hand. I'm surprised how well the adhesive has held up too.

Good product.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
After a couple of sets of Talons started peeling up on a couple of my Glocks I switched to Galloway, mostly because I'm cheap and their rubber Traction Grip is usually half the price of the comparable Talon set. So far they've held up just as well.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Tractiongrips here. Use them on everything now.

Posts: 303 | Location: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: January 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L90814:
Do the Traction Grips cover the back strap, too?

Tried a set on a Shield, on that model they do not. Quality seems on par with Talon and are cheaper but Talon offers much better coverage and grip.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
How do those granulated Talons treat your clothes when you carry? Do they rip up the inside of your shirt? I've got one of the rubber sets, which is comfy, but I'm curious about the granulated ones.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
How do those granulated Talons treat your clothes when you carry? Do they rip up the inside of your shirt?
I've only been briefly carry a G42 in a pants pocket so I couldn't tell you, but as has been pointed out, the granulated Talon material is less abrasive than skateboard tape. Also, the instructions say that the surface can be sanded with 120 grit sandpaper to make it less abrasive.

Posts: 107465 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
My experience with Talon has not been as favorable as others here, on the board. I had a long extended training where I ran my sidearm to about 1200 rounds over a three day period. It was night time range firing in the humid Ohio weather. The grips would slide as I maintained a firm grip to the point that I would periodically have to slide the grips backup to where they belonged. The constant slippage required their removal. Never to replace.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
How do the Talon or Traction grips hold up to gun cleaning solvent?

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I buy the non-skid roll for stairs on Amazon! I got enough for all my pistolas!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post