SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why am I late to the Talon party?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why am I late to the Talon party? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I got some Talon grips for my G43 and my G19 and I love them. Where have I been all this time? I need these on all my Glocks

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
They make the HK-45c just about perfect. I like the rubber ones.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
The rubber talons on an xds/xdm snow tire grips are perfection.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I've got Talons on all my Glocks, HK's, and Kahr's. They are durable and provide a great grip feel for the polymer guns.
I heat mine up with a hairdryer after they are wrapped around the grip, once good and warm I "mush" them into the grip checkering to give a better installation

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Make the FNS grip a whole lot better...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Have them on my Shield. Just ordered them for the GF's 43.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
They are pretty awesome. I have them on my G19, G43, and Shield. A little pricy at $20 bucks but well worth it.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this post. Been thinking of them for my G43.
What is the difference in feel between the rubber vs the granulate?
And can anyone compare it to a stippled G43?
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
Thanks for this post. Been thinking of them for my G43.
And can anyone compare it to a stippled G43?
Scott

Yup -- good reminder to quit putting off Talon's for the PPQ 45.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I got my first Talon grip recently for my XD-S, and it made a noticeable difference. I'll be ordering some for a few other guns now! They're great!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I put a set of Talons on my Walther PPS M2 about two months ago and they really feel good. They've held up well and add only a small amount of bulk to grips which might even have been too thin without them.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
What would be better for CCW of a M&P Sheild 45?
Rubber or Granulate

I have the rubber on my CZ Scorpion and really like it.
Have never felt the granulate version, but I am thinking it may be better for controlling the compact 45.

This would be for my wife's gun.
I put the Hogue coverall on mine and she thinks it is too thick.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
The granulate are rather harsh to the skin , but excellent for a firm grip. Probably better for OWB carried handguns.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I've literally spent a small fortune on Talon grips over the years.

(However, after the owner/inventor unexpectantly passed away a few years ago the price increased dramatically.)

Nonetheless, still buying them as well as recommending them to those I train.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far I have them on my Shield 9mm, and my Glock 43 and 30S. Will be getting more.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
The P320 X Five granular grips are awesome for range use!

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan. I currently have them on 4 of my pistols.

quote:

Rubber is like normal polymer grip texture, only a bit "grippier". Granulate is like sandpaper, or skateboard tape.

I prefer Rubber over Granulate. Granulate is more aggressive, and does a great job of locking in your grip, but it's too coarse for IWB carry. It would be better suited for a competition gun or an open carry gun.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I'm a big fan. I currently have them on 4 of my pistols.

quote:

Rubber is like normal polymer grip texture, only a bit "grippier". Granulate is like sandpaper, or skateboard tape.

I prefer Rubber over Granulate. Granulate is more aggressive, and does a great job of locking in your grip, but it's too coarse for IWB carry. It would be better suited for a competition gun or an open carry gun.

Thanks much. Rubber it will be.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I think I still have both options for an FNX45-T brand new if anybody has one and wants Talon grips. Karma...not gonna use them myself as the gun is long gone.

Anybody running the Talon on a Shield 9? I have both a 9 and a 45 and there's an appreciable lack of grip on the 9 in comparison.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I put them on my Shield 9mm and love them. Much improved grip with minimal added bulk.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post