SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Came across the elusive P365
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Came across the elusive P365 Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
Asked my FFL earlier this week to put me on the wait list. They called Saturday and said they had one for me. So, went over to pick it up.

Cleaned, lubed and ready to go.

Also added a P320 Carry.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGWolf,

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. Congratulations. Build dates?

jpfive
Sig P365
Sig P220R-4-DSE 45ACP
Springfield 1911 Custom 45ACP
Beretta PX-4 9mm
Browning Buckmark 22 LR
Ruger Six 22WMR/LR
S&W 686+ 6"
S&W Airweight Snubby

Posts: 14 | Location: Pensacola, FL | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
The P365 is June 19, 2018. This appears to be hot off the press.

I'll have to dig out the box for the p320.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:

Dang, that thing is still a toddler! Congratulations on the new Sig. I got to fire one a few weeks ago while on vacation and liked it, but only got to fire 10 rounds. I'd like to fire 50-100 more rounds to determine if I really like the feel or not.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

So they built it on a Tuesday and you picked it up that Saturday. Damn. That's impressive. Hot off the press is no kidding.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
The P320 Carry is March 2, 2018. It's been at the dealer a bit longer.

Bought two twelve rounders which I think I prefer, or at least the ten rounders with the pinky rest. I'm impressed with 13 rounds of 9mm in such a slim grip.

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Would it be a stretch to think SIG has ironed out the "birthing" issues with this model? I haven't heard anyone dinging it lately, and it's on top of my wish list!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Sweet! Would it be a stretch to think SIG has ironed out the "birthing" issues with this model? I haven't heard anyone dinging it lately, and it's on top of my wish list!

...or everything you hear! Wink Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Sig states that there was never a problem...so take it with a grain of salt. I'd be careful about assuming it's ready to go until you've got ample rounds downrange.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Sig states that there was never a problem...so take it with a grain of salt. I'd be careful about assuming it's ready to go until you've got ample rounds downrange.

Well, ready to go to the range. After some break in and a holster decision, we'll see about carry.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
quote:

Dang, that thing is still a toddler! Congratulations on the new Sig. I got to fire one a few weeks ago while on vacation and liked it, but only got to fire 10 rounds. I'd like to fire 50-100 more rounds to determine if I really like the feel or not.

Yeah, seems it left SIG and fell all but directly into my hands!

It's a small pistol, recoil and handling are bound to take some getting used to. It's not a blow back design, but I expect it's rather snappy nonetheless given some videos I've seen.

I'm curious how it compares to the Sphinx SDP subcompact as they are comparable in size, but not in price.

posted Hide Post
Nice gun but using that twelve round mag is like cheating.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pm9:

How so? I didn’t know there were “rules”.

Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Found and ordered mine on June 1 and recieved it on June 4. Built May 17 2018

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

On the "other" sig forum a thread was posted with a link to a poll of P365 owners asking what, if any issues they had experienced with their pistols. Out of a total of 178 P365 owners who responded, there were 15 reported broken strikers for a total of 8.43% of those who responded, and 9 reports of broken or displaced trigger bar springs (resulting in a dead trigger) for a total of 4.49% of respondents. So the total of critical failures reported constituted nearly 13% of those who participated in the poll.

There were many other issues reported in the poll including failures of slide lock on empty magazines, excessive barrel peening, failures to return to battery, failures to eject or feed, etc, but the critical failures were my main concern since these take the pistol out of service immediately without any prior warning and there is no immediate remedial action available to correct them. What is more, they have been reported at very high round counts, with one striker breakage occurring after 1900 rounds, several others occurring after 500 rounds, and several trigger spring malfunctions occurring after 450-500 rounds. For those who have seen the MAC P365 video, recall that Tim's trigger went dead suddenly after shooting nearly 900 rounds.

It has been said that most of the striker breakages occurred with a batch of pistols produced from February through April of this year and is has been suggested that SIG has instituted changes in the assembly of the trigger bar spring. But in the poll referenced, there was one striker failure reported and one dead trigger reported in pistols manufactured in the second half of last month (May). What is also concerning is that there is one individual who has reported on that forum, and others, two separate striker failures and another individual reported two trigger spring failures. In other words, these individuals returned their pistols to SIG for repair, and experienced exactly the same failure after they got it back.

Before anyone labels me a "SIG basher" be advised that I currently own 5 SIG pistols and I have been interested in the P365 since its introduction. It is possible that I will someday buy one to replace my M&P Shield. But based on what others have reported, I would not consider the major problems with the P365 to have been "ironed out" as of now, and I would not purchase one for self-defense usage. I acknowledge that many P365 owners have had no trouble whatsoever. But when critical failures are reported after round counts of 500 to 1900, what can be considered ample rounds downrange before the pistol is vetted?

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Please keep us posted about any problems - that's the latest build date I've seen.

Posts: 8 | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pm9:

How so? I didn’t know there were “rules”.

Even if there were, cheating is acceptable. How many rounds would you rather have, if you were caught in a gunfight? Raise your hand, if you only want 10 rounds. Smile

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rickyc:
quote:

Please keep us posted about any problems - that's the latest build date I've seen.

Hoping to go to the range this weekend and put it through it’s paces.

Fuimus
posted Hide Post
People are bidding these up to $600-650. I used Buy Now for $550. There are at least four on auction for $550.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Price point here is $510 plus tax which is an outrageous 7%.