SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which subcompact double stack do you prefer?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which subcompact double stack do you prefer? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
I need to fill the gap between Xds and g19. I would like to hear what you prefer and why. Thanks.

Question:
Which subcompact double stack do you carry/prefer?

Choices:
G26/27
HK P2000sk
HK P30sk
HK VP9sk
M&P compact
Springfield ?
Sig 250 SC
Sig 320 SC
Other

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The current M&P Compact is now roughly the same size as the G19. Not sure if S&W is still offering the first gen compact these days (naming confusion).

G26/27/33 for me.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Not that I have any current plans for one of these, but the VP9 SK feels the best in my hands out of everything listed.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From your list, I've owned the G26, P2000sk, and P30sk. The only one that's left is the G26, which I shot better than the other two and is also one of my most-carried CCW.

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I voted other, as my current favorite is the CZ RAMI.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P250SC.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Voted G26/27 but I carry the 33.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I got rid of my G26 as the last few years I have gravitated towards the micro guns like the LCP and G42. Sometimes I'll carry a Shield or a G43, but never those "lil fatties" as I call those listed above. I'd sooner carry a G19 than a sub double stack these days.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would only say G26 because that's the only one I have shot. I will eventually own the G26 Gen4, and I have an interest in the VP9sk.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of those listed, I have a G26 and a HK P2000SK. I like both, but the G26 is my favorite of the two. I carry it with the Pearce +0 pinky extensions on.

AZGlock13

Posts: 52 | Registered: September 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I prefer the M&P9c. I shoot it better than my other subcompact double stacks like the G26 and P320SC. In addition, its grip is easier to conceal than the other two, whose grips are bulkier and boxier.

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
The current M&P Compact is now roughly the same size as the G19. Not sure if S&W is still offering the first gen compact these days (naming confusion).

They are.

The M&P 2.0 Compact is G19-sized. The M&P Compact is G26-sized.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The 9c. I played with a lot of the guns on your list and settled on the 9c for a number of reasons. First the gun is stellar from contact to 50 yards. Add an Apex kit and it’s even better. The big thing I liked was the addition of a full size mag doesn’t pinch my fingers like the 26/27 does.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
I got rid of my G26 as the last few years I have gravitated towards the micro guns like the LCP and G42. Sometimes I'll carry a Shield or a G43, but never those "lil fatties" as I call those listed above. I'd sooner carry a G19 than a sub double stack these days.

Kinda the same here but I don't own a micro pistol.
The Kahr K9 is Summer only and the other 2 pistols I own are a 229 and a 220. I'll carry the 229 when I'm not carrying the Kahr.
It is tempting to have an "in between" pistol but I think the 229 does that decently.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I really like my M&P40C as a carry gun.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Springfield XD9SC.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4779 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
P30SK LEM. I like having the hammer on it. Also will take 10, 13, and 15 round magazines.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:

My G-26 is now the bedside gun in the drawer. Typical CCW is the G-43, CM9, or LCP; On special occasions it's the G-19.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I know little about such pistols, but some folks here really liked the Swiss-made Sphinx 9mm subcompact:

https://www.rainierarms.com/sp...act-alpha-9mm-da-sa/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
My Sig P224 SAS .357 Sig is my favorite. Not real popular for many, but I have learned to like it alot!

Posts: 784 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walther PPS M2

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post