SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which subcompact double stack do you prefer?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which subcompact double stack do you prefer? Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I voted Glock 27. I shoot mine damn near as accurately as my 22 and 23, although accuracy drops off at 25 yards.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Gen4 Glock 26.

Always wanted to like the Gen3 26s, but never felt right in the hand.
The Gen4 grip is just slightly small, but feel totally different to me - hence why I finally picked one up.

All my Glocks ride in a Nightingale Leather Raptor IWB holster (VMII clone) for a Glock 17. Extremely comfortable holster.

98% of the time I carry it with the flush fit mag. If I'm running to the store or something real quick I might pop in a +2 and use Dustin's OHC kydex IWB clip holster.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Seems the GLOCK is running away with it. I had kicked around a da/sa gun for appendix carry.

Do most of you g26/27/33 guys use a mag extension of some sort (which one) or flat base plate? Holster choice?
Pics would be great, too.

It depends -

For ankle carry (Alessi) or pocket carry (Galco Horsehide) I use the flush 10 round mag.
For IWB (G-Code Incog) or OWB (Rosen Premier) I use a 12 round mag (Pearce +2, Glock 12 or Magpul 12).
For a spare mag I always carry a Glock 17 rounder.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems the GLOCK is running away with it. I had kicked around a da/sa gun for appendix carry.

Do most of you g26/27/33 guys use a mag extension of some sort (which one) or flat base plate? Holster choice?

I recently went back to DA/SA for a number of reasons including AIWB.

On the 26, I’d carry with a Pearce +0 installed. It doesn’t increase round count so no concern about the mag spring and it allows a full handed grip as I’ve never liked curling a pinky under the mag. My spare mag on belt with be a Factory 12rd Glock magazine made specifically for the 26.
Carried in a Stealthgear Ventacore IWB or Bladetech Klipt.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 is an excellent option.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1530 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voted G26. However, the P224 is a great gun. On paper, it doesn't make much sense, but it carries nice and is a sweet shooter.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive always enjoyed the Glock 26,Ive had one for over 10 years and shot it a lot,never had the first bit of a problem with it, only thing I ever messed with on it were the sights. I used to carry mine owb in a galco holster and it would just disappear, loaded with speer gold dot 124g+p and an extra mag, I never ever felt undergunned with it. I later switched to the g19 for my CC pistol and now I can open carry as much as I please with nobody saying a word unless I go into the post office so I walk around with a 6.5" super blackhawk bisley 454 on my hip.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:

I use the factory flat base plates on the gun and spare mag.
I carry appendix at around 2'oclock. I have the holster made by Zorn holsters with a custom made clip to sit a little bit lower on the belt line. It's what I carry 99% of the time.
As far as magazine holsters, I have a few, but haven't found one that I like comfort and concealment wise, so I usually stick it in the lower side pocket on the left side of my pants.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying a P30sk LEM since the week it was released and my preorder arrived at my LGS. Amazing firearm that shoots like a full size pistol.

I am frequently asked at the range what I'm shooting as my example loves to make 10 yard one ragged hole groups.

Very easy to carry and with a pair of VP9/P30 mags I never feel under gunned.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:

Carry with the flat base plate, spare is a g19 mag with Xgrip. Holster is a discontinued X Concealment kydex.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I carry the 33 with a Pearce +0.

The 33 is actually the reload for my 32 which is my primary carry.

The 33 is my bug on duty to my 31.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
The M&P Compact is G26-sized

Not really. The 9c/40c is larger, a 'tweener' sized between the G26 and G19. Only fatter than either.

They're not exactly identical in dimensions, but they're very close. The M&P9c is not noticeably larger than the G26.

I'm not sure where you're getting that the M&P9c is "fatter". It is exactly the same width as the G26 and G19: 1.18". If anything, the oval shape of the M&P9c grip make it feel thinner in the hand than the blockier Glocks.

The M&P9c is only 0.29" longer overall than the G26, but is 0.58" shorter than the G19.

And the M&P9c is only 0.13" taller than the G26, but holds 2 more rounds, while being 0.69" shorter than the G19.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to run a full sized XDM in IDPA, so I put together a 3.8" Sub Compact XDM with similar components for carry. Fits my hand great, shoots great, although I haven't carried in a while...been loving my PPS M2 LE for the last year or so.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 964 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Walther P99 Compact.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I really really like my Sphinx subcompact alpha. Shoots very well and very accurate too.

13 plus one capacity and very concealable.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 27 is what I carry, it was also my backup for my Glock 22.

I would like to get a Glock 26.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a G19 in fall winter and G26L in the summer. No brainer. Also a spare G17 mag in fall and winter and a G19 mag in spring summer.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VP9SK has been my carry gun since May. Extremely happy with it even though it is a fair bit bigger than some on that list.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently acquired a beretta 84 (.380). While not a 9mm its among the prettiest. Only 10 round magazines for NYS, but holds 13 in red states

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gave up working on VP9SK for person with only slightly smaller than average hands. even with all of the "Small" grip pieces in place the trigger was still a bit too far away. Distance from trigger face to where web of hand goes is critical and excessive in VP9SK. Additionally, recoil spring is so stiff that only factory warm ammo functions. No replacement for recoil spring found. No chance to use crafted ammo. Only good thing is that H&K will sell two replacement springs to bring required trigger force down to about 4.5 pounds-force.

Several G19 size excellent pistols exist: M&P M2.0 4"; PPQ-M2 4", Canik Elite TP9SF, and maybe FN 509, but not the somewhat smaller Springfield XDs 4.

Smaller might be better for carry. First requirement is that pistol must fit hand (be sure to try optional, included grips). Everyone is a bit different.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post