SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Should I stock up spare parts for P225 and P228
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should I stock up spare parts for P225 and P228 Login/Join 
posted
I was cleaning several pistols today and was thinking how the folded slides have more hollow cavities to clean out and a thought occurred to me: I've got spring kits for these but no spare parts.

What parts should I stock for them? Will there be a time that they become scarce? Are these parts scarce now?

I shoot the heck out of my P229 and because of that I shoot it better than the P225 or P228. I'm starting to take these to the range more often so the round counts will be going up. What parts should I stock up on as it will be (guessing)close to 20 years since the folded slides were made.

I intend to shoot these a lot as the time goes by. As a reference my first P229 has 40k easy over the last 5 years. I shoot mostly plated reloads.

So fellow members, is this a valid concern? Your input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
TVz

Posts: 428 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you plan on using them indefinitely, yes. Breech blocks, extractors, firing pins are getting harder to come by.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point someone makes aftermarket replacements once all the factory parts dry up, but there's no guarantee.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For sure grab any 225 parts you find, as I don't think Sig supports the gun any longer. Similar to the situation with HK and the P7 series.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 162 | Location: Hendersonville, NC | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post