SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mid 90's P220 Trigger Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mid 90's P220 Trigger Question Login/Join 
Picture of martowski
posted
Hi All,

I just picked up a very nice used P220, likely manufactured sometime around 1997 (serial number is G285***). It has the older 8mm serrated trigger.

Am I correct in understanding that the "short trigger" Sig made in later years is 10mm and would not fit on this pistol?

Also, while I don't have another P220 to compare this with, it almost seems like this trigger is in between widths of some of the other P220 triggers I have seen and the short trigger. Meaning, it doesn't seem as thin as the short trigger but appears less thick from front to back than some other triggers on P220s. Is this correct? Thanks!

Posts: 109 | Location: Dallas, TX Area | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
The later 10mm short reach trigger will not fit in your P220. I agree that the 8mm trigger you have is sort of a middle thickness compromise.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of martowski
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Any idea if Sig ever released a short reach trigger in the 8mm width?

Posts: 109 | Location: Dallas, TX Area | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
There is a few aftermarket triggers in 8mm on fleabay.

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of martowski
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Yeah, in looking at this older 8mm serrated trigger, I don't think I'd gain much by going with a short trigger.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by martowski:
Thanks! Any idea if Sig ever released a short reach trigger in the 8mm width?

They did.

It always appeared to me that the P220 short trigger was made by grinding off the grooves and rounding and polishing the face. The P220 short trigger does not shorten the reach to the face by much, but it’s noticeable, and I don’t like grooved triggers.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Most of the 8mm short reach triggers were made in the late '70s and early '80s and found their way to Browning BDAs.

They can be found with some effort. I was able to find one for sale here in the classifieds a while back. Good luck.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post