SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Goal: Shortest Trigger Reach on a 9mm Sig DA/SA?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goal: Shortest Trigger Reach on a 9mm Sig DA/SA? Login/Join 
posted
Which 9mm DA/SA 229 or 226 Trigger, Frame, and Grip combination would result in shortest trigger reach? I would assume Short Reach Trigger and E-2 Grip would be a start. Would Enhanced Sig 229 or Enhanced Sig 226 be better than regular frame?
(Excluding 225A)

Posts: 93 | Location: Down South | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My M11-A1 has the shortest reach of the two frame-sizes you mentioned. I don’t have a 239 to compare.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USAFA71:
My M11-A1 has the shortest reach of the two frame-sizes you mentioned. I don’t have a 239 to compare.
My M11-A1 has the standard plastic grips, and is almost too small for my average-size hands.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
229 and 226 seem pretty samey around the grip, so SRT and the E2 or hogue aluminum thin grips.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
In my experience (just from shooting them...no actual measurements) it has to be the 239, at least out of all the "traditional P-Series" guns. The trigger reach on those is so short I can't shoot them without contorting my hand into akward positions. I have no problem with any of the others.

Posts: 8539 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to stick with the 229 and 226 frames; does the Enhanced Frame offer a shorter trigger reach advantage over the regular frames? If so, which is more favorable - the 229 Enhanced or the 226 Enhanced?
Thanks for your help.

Posts: 93 | Location: Down South | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ihbwotrr:
I want to stick with the 229 and 226 frames; does the Enhanced Frame offer a shorter trigger reach advantage over the regular frames? If so, which is more favorable - the 229 Enhanced or the 226 Enhanced?
Thanks for your help.
No, not aware of any difference in those frames. A short reach trigger and E2 grips is probably going to yield the closest thing to your objective.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have small hands and went with the Hogue G10 grips on my P226s and P229s. Started with the checkered and then went to the Piranha. Just like the feel of the Piranha's over the checkered. No difference in reach. Also used Sig's short trigger. But have switched to the Gray Gun's intermediate trigger and even though it has a ever so slightly longer reach it feels much better. I notice no difference between different models of either the P226 or the P229. But the P226 is slightly smaller than the P229 according to the dimensions I have seen. It also feels smaller to me as well. Also the G10 grips worked better for me than the E2 grips.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have short fingers as well, and my solution to the long trigger reach on the P-series pistols was to trade for a P226 Legion SAO. Smile I love the feel of the Legion grips and lots of time behind 1911s and Hi-Powers makes flicking the safety on and off very natural.

Posts: 131 | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which 9mm DA/SA 229 or 226 Trigger, Frame, and Grip combination would result in shortest trigger reach?

Short Reach Trigger & Hogue G10 grips.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
99 percent of the people who have short triggers do not need them. If properly instructed on how to manage the DA shot, the standard trigger works fine. Even if they have small hands/ short fingers.

The short trigger really provides a hinderence in SA at speed and is just not worth the loss of leverage and trade off.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
99 percent of the people who have short triggers do not need them. If properly instructed on how to manage the DA shot, the standard trigger works fine. Even if they have small hands/ short fingers.

The short trigger really provides a hinderence in SA at speed and is just not worth the loss of leverage and trade off.

My tiny Asian fiancée shoots a SP2022 and can easily shoot my 226 & 229 very accurately. Short reach triggers are horrible and interfere with shooting rather than help, especially if you are trying to shoot fast (or my version of fast).

What is it you are trying accomplish? Unless you have a medical condition limiting your reach I can't imagine any advantage to shortening the reach.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried the short reach trigger and e2 grip. I put the regular trigger back in and kept the e2 grip.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yup, I agree that the short trigger is just terrible in practice, although the concept looks darn good on paper. Very few people actually like it. Years ago, when I first started shooting SIGs, man, I wished SIG would make some kind of short reach trigger. Then, when they came out with the P228 in 2009 with the short reach trigger, it was a disaster. Trigger slap, pinch, or whatever you want to call it, that trigger was eventually tossed, and old fatty was back in.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

My tiny Asian fiancée shoots a SP2022 and can easily shoot my 226 & 229 very accurately. Short reach triggers are horrible and interfere with shooting rather than help, especially if you are trying to shoot fast (or my version of fast).

What is it you are trying accomplish? Unless you have a medical condition limiting your reach I can't imagine any advantage to shortening the reach.

I know what Jerry does; are you a firearms instructor like Jerry?

posted Hide Post
quote:

We will give it a try!

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ihbwotrr:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

I know what Jerry does; are you a firearms instructor like Jerry?

Nope. What's your fucking point? I don't give two shits about your tiny hands. Just agreeing with Jerry and adding anecdotal evidence that a person with small hands and not super strong can shoot full size guns.

Good luck with your search, I'm out of this discussion.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bye.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Manners, please.

Posts: 107493 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The medium reach PSAIT trigger with G10s would probably be a great combo as well to consider.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post