SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Goal: Shortest Trigger Reach on a 9mm Sig DA/SA?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goal: Shortest Trigger Reach on a 9mm Sig DA/SA? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
99 percent of the people who have short triggers do not need them. If properly instructed on how to manage the DA shot, the standard trigger works fine. Even if they have small hands/ short fingers.

The short trigger really provides a hinderence in SA at speed and is just not worth the loss of leverage and trade off.

There are some guns where the tip of my finger is more on the side of the trigger than it is on the face. The only way I can get my finger onto the face is to shift the gun in my hand so the grip is no longer positioned properly in the "V" between my thumb and finger. One of those does happen to be a P229 with standard reach trigger and old style grips.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter looked at many pistols; she now owns an HK P30 9mm with the smallest grips inserts.

Posts: 93 | Location: Down South | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ihbwotrr:
My daughter looked at many pistols; she now owns an HK P30 9mm with the smallest grips inserts.

She chose a good one, in my opinion.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. She is a happy camper.
Dad is also; I bought a Legion 10mm.

Posts: 93 | Location: Down South | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post