SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Icarus Precision Is Doing Some Interesting Things With the P320
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Icarus Precision Is Doing Some Interesting Things With the P320 Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RioGrande481:
People who say “clip” rather than magazine need correction.
Depends how many boollets those clips hold

To me anyway. Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCR:
Seems very rough and unfinished to me. Without being properly type III anodized it will start to wear on the first firing.

What is to wear on a P320? All the rotating and sliding parts are contained in the steel chassis. The grip frame only provides something to hang on to.

And as others have said, anodizing is NOT a method of increasing the strength of aluminum. It is a carefully controlled oxidation of the outer surface to make the surface finish harder than the raw material, but it does NOTHING to the overall strength of a given alloy.

Posts: 17 | Registered: December 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
There is a few interesting YouTube videos on these on the "1776 or bust" channel.

They look cool, but not sure about the cost/value equation here.

But kinda pretty, I guess

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZ Jeff:

What is to wear on a P320? All the rotating and sliding parts are contained in the steel chassis. The grip frame only provides something to hang on to.

And as others have said, anodizing is NOT a method of increasing the strength of aluminum. It is a carefully controlled oxidation of the outer surface to make the surface finish harder than the raw material, but it does NOTHING to the overall strength of a given alloy.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the aluminum is harder than the polymer of the factory grip.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post