SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 x5 full size advice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 x5 full size advice Login/Join 
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted
Guys,
I sure would like some advice.Maybe my search engine is not good,but i do try and gather info before i come here to seek advice.

How do you guys like the sig 320 x5?.I am really looking at getting a nice striker fired polymer gun for range,and my nightstand gun.

I have a glock 34,17l,a few other guns and really am looking for a newer different gun.I tried 12 sw m&p guns.They are gone,along with the apex trigger kits,sights kits,all the extra items i had to buy to try and still get a nice gun.Nothing worked.

I like my 17l,its a shooter,but i think the 320x5 is more refined.

Folks,i have always gotten good advice from you.I dont expect a this is the only gun you should get advice,but hearing from owners and there likes and dislikes has helped me a lot through the years.

I want a sweet crisp light trigger.Low recoil would be nice for my old neck and wrists..Thanks in advance for once again passing along your experience ladies and gents

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My girlfriend shoots one in uspsa. It is a great gun, easy to shoot and low recoil. I recommend it for competition and range shooting. I am not sure it would be my choice for home defense but I suppose it could fit that bill well. The sights are not night sights, though.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gotta tell you. I am not that impressed with it. The trigger is kinda Meh and I do not like the mag funnel.

Anyone here remove it?

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Steve, I do not own one, but had the opportunity to handle and shoot one that belongs to the LGS guy. All I can tell you is I would never own one. It's just a fancy looking polymer gun that has a mediocre trigger.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
quang
thanks friend.I have looked for years for a off the shelf polymer gun that lives up to the hype of the new model that was shown at shot show,cats meow,yada,yada .

I have never seen one model in 10 years that was as advertised except one.My glock 34,17l,guns were the same as the dealer sample.

None were gray triggers or mods,but,out of the box,my 34 and 17 guns had a pretty nice crisp trigger pull.

My lgs had a 320 x 5 9mm used,for 700,and i thought i finally had a good chance at getting a nice range plinker.What a piece of crap trigger.

I am really thinking about a older 226 srt elite sse,or sao legion and just forgetting the striker fired search.

I nice 228 for ccw.And be happy with that.

Have a good weekend quang

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post