SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best OWB concealment holster for g19
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best OWB concealment holster for g19 Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
I’ve got a bajillion IWB and AIWB holsters and several training holsters for my GLOCK’s. I’ve never really thought about an owb concealment holster for edc. What do y’all use/recommend?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7938 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Raven Perun. Very comfortable and concealable. Price is reasonable. Construction is excellent. Weight is equally distributed on wide loops. Please remember that the belt loops that come on the Perun are 1.5 and not 1.75. Ask me how I know. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1089 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I really like the Muddy River Tactical owb and iwb holsters.

https://muddyrivertactical.com...tband-kydex-holster/

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In leather (non custom) its hard to beat the DeSantis Mini Scabbard.
Winthrop Leather is an excellent bang for the buck.
In Kydex, There are too many to pick a favorite, but Cleveland Kydex is up there.
I used to recommend Dustin Osborne but it seems he is overwhelmed right now.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16054 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of Rob Leahy’s SimplyRugged 'Cuda Roy Baker style pancake holster for OWB CC.

https://www.simplyrugged.com/e...em_id=407&parent=669

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16177 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Mitch Rosen 5JR for my 3 favorite carry pistols. Glock 19, H&K P30, and my trusty old P228. He’s one the best for leather holster makers.

Posts: 624 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My EDC Glock 19 is carried in a Kramer horsehide OWB belt scabbard during the Spring, Fall, and Winter months.

I've been using Kramer belt scabbards since the early 90s, best OWB holster period. My opinion of course Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1896 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I don't own a G19, but for every other gun I've owned I found the BladeTech OWB kydex just fine for both competition and carry.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10780 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I stumbled into Azula holsters several years ago and couldn't be more pleased. The quality is excellent, and they are very affordable at around $45.

https://2022761d-2411-11e6-bec...pancake-belt-holster

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
Raven Phantom if you can find one used.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have a Bravo Concealment. Works as advertised.

Posts: 10848 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
This. When I work in plainclothes I carry my 19 in a Kramer horsehide. I also use a Kramer double mag pouch in horsehide.

If I have my tlr7 attached I have a Black Rhino kydex OWB.

quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
My EDC Glock 19 is carried in a Kramer horsehide OWB belt scabbard during the Spring, Fall, and Winter months.

I've been using Kramer belt scabbards since the early 90s, best OWB holster period. My opinion of course Wink

Posts: 3445 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
My preference is a snap-detatchable "Pancake" style holster. These are offered by Ryan Grizzle ("Countryboy"), Tim Thurner (TT Gunleather), and Milt Sparks.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10192 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I have a Bravo Concealment. Works as advertised.
This.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Kramer already mentioned.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bravo for me.

Posts: 302 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: August 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Being Left-Handed, I'm also a fan of the "snap detachable" holsters. And lately, the Cobra K.O.R holsters have worked well for me. He'll make them in either an open top or thumb break design. They arrive rather fast (for a semi custom) and rather affordable (custom or not). They're down in Delray Beach, so during hurricane season you might wait a bit longer.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I love my Raven Concealment Phantom, but it was discontinued long ago.

There are a few other kydex benders out there who sell similar, though.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Aker flatsider XR13. Fits close & 12 degree cant makes it comfortable when seated.

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have an RGrizzle leather Georgia Snap 2 for my G19. Perfect combo and top notch work too.

Posts: 12452 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post