SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X-VTAC with dawson sights installed, range report.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-VTAC with dawson sights installed, range report. Login/Join 
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted
Got my dawson fiber optic front, black rear set off amazon because I had extra gift cards to burn.

https://www.amazon.com/Dawson-...n+precision+sig+p320
I wasn't a fan on the VTAC sights for speed/competition, and since I bought this gun to run limited, I opted for the trusty dawsons.

Installed them using a local shops MGW universal sight pusher (C_Swimm works there and just let me do it myself), and just eyeballed them on since I forgot my 9mm laser boresight.

I am pleased to report that I didn't screw it up, and they are dead on!!!

First groups were shot at 10 yards, from a supported position.

First group of 4 rounds were 147 Speer Lawman, all 4 in the paster. Big Grin
Second group is 4 rounds of my 124gr Berry's plates over 5.3gr of CFE pistol. Slightly low, and to the left, no biggy.

I then pushed the target stand back to 25 yards and loaded 5 rounds of 147 Lawman again. I used 5 pasters, and the front sight covered it completely, but the results were awesome.

Then I walked up to 15 yards and shot offhand, 124gr Berry's loads again.

I am Sofa-King Happy with this combo, and ready to start using it as my main gun and putting my regular full-size in reserve.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kewl!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That pistol sort of speaks for itself. And it shoots darn good. Nice work Zach.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding report and superb shooting, especially at 25. You've done good with that pistol/sight combination.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Wow, a bit offtopic but what range is that!!?? Looks awesome, must be expensive!

P.S.- Nice shootin'!

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
Wow, a bit offtopic but what range is that!!?? Looks awesome, must be expensive!

P.S.- Nice shootin'!

It's a range on Fort Campbell that doubles as our personally owned weapons range on the weekends. I pay $5 a visit, and can rent a bay of steel targets for another $10 for the day. It's pretty sweet, and we shoot USPSA there too.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post