SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 938 jams
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 938 jams Login/Join 
posted
I have the 238 and 938. My 238 is perfection! My 938, however, jams at least 3 or 4 times per 50 rounds at the range. Sometimes it feels like the magazine does not fully fit in place. There is definitely a difference with the 238. Also, I seem to be getting some metal wear on the slide. I clean this gun every time after the range. I probably (tried) to shoot 600 or so rounds through the 938. Quite frustrating. (The 238 has had 2000-3000 rounds or so with no mechanical errors or wear. Suggestions?

Elvisismydog

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 12, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Call Sig Customer Service and send it back.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I suggest that SIG Pistols would be a better place than The Lounge for this thread.

Edit: I see that’s where it is now. Good move.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I have 2 P938's. Both had failure to feed occasionally, often with HST's. Instead of sending them back I polished the feed ramp and started shooting them. After about 750 rounds each they became extremely reliable. They both have a few thousand rounds on them now and I lent one to a friend for a couple weeks because he wanted his wife to shoot it for a while. He and his wife shot hundreds of rounds through it and never had a failure.

Regarding the mag, I have not had that issue but I tend to pound the mags in pretty good when changing.

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
What ammunition are you shooting in the P938, factory or reloads?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sometimes it feels like the magazine does not fully fit in place.

Since a magazine is critical to feeding, this could be related. If you have more than one mag, maybe it is only one causing the problem. Devise some method of ID-marking them and see if your misfeeding only happens with a particular one.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had mine at the range this week. 100 rounds and all perfect. At the beginning I had the same problem. Sent it to sig and they replaced the mags and the mag release button and spring. No problems since. I also polished the feed ramp and do so every few cleaning. Mine is a SAS stainless.

NRA Benefactor Life

Posts: 155 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 938 eats everything in 9mm or 22LR I've thrown at it. 22 suppressed gets dirty quickly, but the only issue I get is gritty trigger.
Check mags first, then call sig.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
My 938 eats everything in 9mm or 22LR I've thrown at it. 22 suppressed gets dirty quickly, but the only issue I get is gritty trigger.
Check mags first, then call sig.

22lr? Huh?

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post