SIGforum
A potential future source of surplus P-6s?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2190038524

June 16, 2017, 03:11 PM
Spieler
A potential future source of surplus P-6s?
Maybe I'm just stirring the pot here on something that may never come to fruition, but I thought I'd pass this tidbit on anyway.

While in Berlin last week visiting family the Polizei presence was (as usual) high along embassy row and at the airport. Looking closely I spied the distinctive grip curvature of our favorite SIG handgun in the holsters of Berlin Polizei officers, namely the P-6.

As I am want to do when traveling and encounter LEOs, I talked to a few officers and inquired about their duty weapons. Indeed, they confirmed that they are still issued and carry the P-6 but are supposed to transition to a new service pistol in the next two years.

The Berlin Polizei website states the city has 16,388 sworn officers. If and when those duty pistols become surplus I can only imagine the scramble if they come on the US market! I'd love to have a Berlin stamped P-6 next to my Berlin stamped P-1.

Thoughts?

June 16, 2017, 03:19 PM
Il Cattivo
Big Grin I'm spoiled. I'm looking for another cheap P7.
June 16, 2017, 03:27 PM
SigFan
That would be awesome! I'd have to get one of those.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)
June 16, 2017, 03:41 PM
ace73
Ok, reason #20 to keep an eye on the classifieds!!
Thanks for the heads up!
June 16, 2017, 04:29 PM
NerdRage80
Looks like I'm going to watching out for these now!!!
June 16, 2017, 04:41 PM
arfmel
Let it happen, Captain!
June 16, 2017, 09:51 PM
kaschi
Well, we're hopefully going to have something to look forward to! Since the ones marked "NRW" are from Nordrhein-Westfalen, wonder how the Berlin P6s are marked and what dates will they have? When I was in Berlin in 1992, one police officer I spoke to was carrying a P6.
June 16, 2017, 09:53 PM
P-220
Nice. Thanks for the heads-up. That would be awesome!!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
June 16, 2017, 09:56 PM
NerdRage80
Anyone know if they produce these pistols new? How awesome would it be to be able to buy one of the extra surplus pistols that was in an armory and never issued!!!!!!
June 17, 2017, 07:13 AM
Udo
quote:
Originally posted by NerdRage80:
Anyone know if they produce these pistols new? How awesome would it be to be able to buy one of the extra surplus pistols that was in an armory and never issued!!!!!!

It is awesome! Luckily I was able to do that with one of the earlier batches several years ago.
June 17, 2017, 12:43 PM
Il Cattivo
I'm still lusting over a 2001 P220/Euro in 9mm that another member here snagged off of GunJoker a few years back, so I'm willing to believe some more recent production pistols could exist. At the same time, you'd think that if the pistol were still in service somewhere that there'd have to be one or two spare pistols and perhaps some kind of inventory of spare parts at whatever agency is still issuing them.

At any rate, part of the fun is seeing what's actually in the shipment when it shows up, right?
June 17, 2017, 02:59 PM
Gocad
Sorry to say this, but these pistols will be scrapped.

One reason why the P6 are replaced is that there are no more replacements available.
June 17, 2017, 04:01 PM
nhracecraft
quote:
Originally posted by Gocad:

One reason why the P6 are replaced is that there are no more replacements available.

Source?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
June 18, 2017, 12:30 AM
Gocad
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by Gocad:

Source?

German newspaper article on the planned purchase
June 18, 2017, 01:50 AM
winter_war
From the article:
Die alten Waffen werden nicht verscherbelt, sondern verschrottet.

"The ancient weapons are not sold off, rather scrapped."

June 18, 2017, 01:56 AM
^^^ Damn unfortunate. Mad

Q