SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p226 grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p226 grips Login/Join 
posted
Have a p226, code kc. Does anyone make grips for this pistol that are just a little smaller and not so slippery as the factory grips?
Thanks

Posts: 5 | Registered: July 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hogue makes the checkered aluminum grips that can be found on many P226s. They are a bit slimmer than the plastic ones.

Some prefer the G10 grips over the aluminum ones. I don't.

You can find them plain or with the Sig Sauer logo on them for a bit more.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My preference is the Hogue G10's. Expensive, but worth it. I have them on my P226, P229, P239. Incidentally, Ken Hogue is a form member.

Come in several flavors. Superb grip on both the sides and back strap. Put some skateboard tape on the front strap. Locks in the gun nicely under recoil.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/ho...317a95b6314c7f481eda

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yep, either the Hogue G10 (Checkered, Chainlink, or Piranha) or the Aluminum Checkered will serve your need. I like them both.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was really taken back by the size of the P226 grip at first. I had more exposure to single stack pistols, 1911's, and revolvers so the thick grip was a little off putting at first but after getting used to it, the smaller grips aren't near as comfortable as they once were. A buddy has a p226 with hogue grips and they are really comfortable.

Posts: 15 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found this link to be pretty interesting. Good write up with some good info.

https://www.realgunreviews.com...n-my-sig-sauer-p226/

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
I found this link to be pretty interesting. Good write up with some good info.

https://www.realgunreviews.com...n-my-sig-sauer-p226/

That was pretty thorough.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy that authored it made an appearance here for a while. I don't know if he ran afoul of forum regulations or if he just moved on.

Me...I like the pics. Smile

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As the article mentions, the Sig short reach trigger will also put the finger a little closer to the trigger. I've used (shot extensively) the Sig standard and short reach triggers in my P226 and P229. Like many here, I didn't like the pinchy, funky feeling Sig short reach trigger.

I ended up with the GrayGuns P-SPIT, which splits the difference between the two Sig triggers. The shape is also an improvement over either Sig trigger, and tends to result in slightly less lateral displacement.

Current incarnation is the P-SAIT:
https://grayguns.com/product/p...ntermediate-trigger/

If a shooter has smaller hands/fingers like I do, you need the combination of the G10 (or similar) grips and a shorter trigger reach. Even, then it's not ideal, but still a major improvement.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info. from all. Think I've settled on the Hogue grips. Thought about the Sig e2 grips, but you have to change a number of parts. Don't really want to do this on a 1992 west German pistol. Am I correct in thinking you do not have to change anything with the Hogue grips except the grips???
Any opinions on which is better, the blk checkered grips or the blk piranha grips? Want grips that hold your hand well but not too hard on hand when shooting a lot of rounds at one time.
Thanks a lot for the info. given and any info. on new questions. Richard

Posts: 5 | Registered: July 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read the RealGunviews.com article that flesheatingvirus posted in his comment.It is a really good in-depth description/ analysis of available grips for Sig pistols. If you haven't read it yet; you should go ahead and check it out. I think it will answer most, if not all, of your questions. Good luck!

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flintrock:
...... Any opinions on which is better, the blk checkered grips or the blk piranha grips? Want grips that hold your hand well but not too hard on hand when shooting a lot of rounds at one time......

It's a personal preference choice.

My own choice is checkered. I don't consider them to be aggressive.

First, the checkered texture smooths out a little with use.

Second, the pattern/color is uniform. If you want to soften the texture further, the sanding won't affect patterns.

Third, the back strap is the most important part of the pattern. Most grip pressure is applied fore and aft. The smaller checkered pattern may make better full contact with the palm than the other choices. I don't know that for sure though. Put skateboard tape on the front strap and the gun is locked in nicely under recoil.

Bottom line for me is I shoot better with the G10 checkered than factory grips (or E2). That's all that matters to me.

BTW, I've also used E2's. Wasn't fond of them. Different animal from flat panels. I found them to be grip sensitive in fast draw/fire drills. Some, of course, love them.

posted Hide Post
I just ordered the Hogue G10 Black Checkered grips today for my SIG 226 MK 25. I have two pairs of Hogue rubber grips, with and without finger grooves, but found them to make the circumference of the grip to large for me. I did order a pair of Hogue G10 plain black grips but did not think they did too much for $100. I was looking at the checkered grips at the recent gun shows and they look very nice, felt nice, and provided good gripping.

The article mentioned in above post is great and is probably the best one I have seen on SIG grips.

The armorer at my range gave me a link for a company called wicked grips which has some great designs but it does not have checkering and ones that are Sarah coded may eventually start wearing off. If you are interested in them I will list the link below. They do have a very nice black one with the skull head from some movie called the punisher which I particularly liked.

https://wickedgrips.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a little help please - i have a P226R with a frame that has a made in Germany label - i purchased some Hogue grips that say X/DASA but they dont seems to fit so I am confused what grips are needed. it looks like the grips dot line up with the frame but it is close -- its more than just the spring ? will be reselling these if anyone is interested

thanks

Posts: 233 | Location: dallas tx | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hayseed:
a little help please - i have a P226R with a frame that has a made in Germany label - i purchased some Hogue grips that say X/DASA but they dont seems to fit so I am confused what grips are needed. it looks like the grips dot line up with the frame but it is close -- its more than just the spring ? will be reselling these if anyone is interested

thanks

No need to revive an old post...
It sounds like you have grips for a P226 Allround.
Those will not fit a regular P226.
I used a set but had to remove material from both sides to get them to fit.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post