SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got a great deal on a Sig P938. I need an IWB holster. Any ideas?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a great deal on a Sig P938. I need an IWB holster. Any ideas? Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted
I stopped in at a local pawn shop that has a huge inventory of new and used guns and saw this:

The counter guy said it was used and wanted $609 for it. I asked if I could field strip it and he said no but he would. The thing was never fired! Not a mark anywhere internally, just a little holster wear up front. Came with 2 mags, Scorpion grips and the case. I scarfed it up.

Now for the holster dilemma. I have a couple of cheapo IWB holsters in the drawer that old holsters go to die that will work, but would like a good, well made leather one from a quality holster maker like Nightingale or R.Grizzle, etc but they are weeks and weeks out as in the case with Ken at Nightingale who is saying 28 weeks.

Does anyone have any ideas on over the counter holsters that would work, like Milt Sparks or Galco for instance? I plan on putting a few hundred rounds through it in the next couple of weeks and would like to put it in the EDC rotation.

Thanks, Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
$609 is a great deal? Is it that you just waned a scorpion? You can find new sub $550 938's all day long. As far as holsters go I would check Tucker Gunleather. They are usually 2-3 weeks turn around.

http://www.tuckergunleather.co...b-for-small-pistols/

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
$609 is a great deal? Is it that you just waned a scorpion? You can find new sub $550 938's all day long. As far as holsters go I would check Tucker Gunleather. They are usually 2-3 weeks turn around.

http://www.tuckergunleather.co...b-for-small-pistols/

Thanks for the tip, but I defy you to find an unfired 938 Scorpion with 2 mags and 2 sets of grips in a factory case for $550. Seriously. And yes, I've been wanting a 938 as a better choice over my 238.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
That's why I asked if it was the Scorpion in particular you were looking for. I just ordered this one today. 2 mags, upgraded TFO front night sight $539 shipped. 3 months ago I got a Two-tone 938 with 3 mags (2 extended), Viridian laser, and holster for $525.

https://www.slickguns.com/prod...ts-53999?mobile=true

Here's a two tone for $529

https://www.slickguns.com/prod...ing-2099?mobile=true

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for kydex, check out Priority 1 Holsters http://www.priority1holsters.com . I have been running their holsters for about a year and love them. Good craftsmanship, good pricing, and an amazing turn around time. I received mine in less than ten days.

---------------------------
And... Have a good 'un.

Posts: 279 | Registered: October 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Look Dusty, you've made your point. I haven't found a better deal on a Scorpion with the features this one has in this neck of the woods. I've never bought a gun I can't handle and field strip and I never will. To me, it was a great deal. Enough said on the subject, okay? I didn't buy it using your money. Get it!?

The reason for this thread was see who has experience with mass produced, over the counter leather holders for the 938. I typically buy high quality, hand made holsters for my handguns but want to carry it soon, not months from now.

Jim

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mmorford:
If you are looking for kydex, check out Priority 1 Holsters http://www.priority1holsters.com . I have been running their holsters for about a year and love them. Good craftsmanship, good pricing, and an amazing turn around time. I received mine in less than ten days.

Thanks, but I'm not a kydex fan. I'm an old fart that still loves a quality leather holster.

Jim

posted Hide Post
I ordered a www.ttgunleather.com holster about 3 weeks ago for my 938 SAS. The stated turnaround time was approximately 4 weeks.

That's about the shortest time I've seen for a true custom holster maker.

Posts: 69 | Location: Indiana | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sharpetop:
I ordered a www.ttgunleather.com holster about 3 weeks ago for my 938 SAS. The stated turnaround time was approximately 4 weeks.

That's about the shortest time I've seen for a true custom holster maker.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out.

Jim

Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Also check out Simply Rugged. Rob and his crew make an oustanding leather holster (IMO) at a reasonable price with reasonable lead times.

www.simplyrugged.com

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
http://store.dmbullardleather....sauer/sig-sauer-p938

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. You've given me a lot to look at. Dusty, I'm impressed at how many holsters at D.M. Bullard are in stock. You don't see that much now days.

Jim

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
There's a thread here regarding some of Ryan Grizzle's (countryboy) work for a P938.

Thread link

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I stopped in at a local pawn shop that has a huge inventory of new and used guns and saw this:

The counter guy said it was used and wanted $609 for it. I asked if I could field strip it and he said no but he would. The thing was never fired! Not a mark anywhere internally, just a little holster wear up front. Came with 2 mags, Scorpion grips and the case. I scarfed it up.

Now for the holster dilemma. I have a couple of cheapo IWB holsters in the drawer that old holsters go to die that will work, but would like a good, well made leather one from a quality holster maker like Nightingale or R.Grizzle, etc but they are weeks and weeks out as in the case with Ken at Nightingale who is saying 28 weeks.

Does anyone have any ideas on over the counter holsters that would work, like Milt Sparks or Galco for instance? I plan on putting a few hundred rounds through it in the next couple of weeks and would like to put it in the EDC rotation.

Thanks, Jim

I use the N82 standard paddle IWB holster.. Don't even know the gun is there.. So very comfrotable..

USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) Bremerton WA.
Sig P938/238 Equinox
Sig P320C RX
Colt Mustang XSP FE

Posts: 50 | Location: Southeast NH | Registered: March 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been buying my holsters from MTR Custom in NC and have been very satisfied with them. I usually have them line the holster, add a mouthguard, and a sweat shield and it runs me about 130 which shipping. The other company that is supposed to be very good but a little more money is Wright or Wright Leather in OH - recently featured in NRA online publication

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Top Gun keeps stock of some big-name leather makers. Pretty certain they have stock of P938 holsters.

EDIT:

Yep, here's the VM2 in stock.
http://www.topgunsupply.com/mi...ks-vm2-sig-p938.html

Posts: 225 | Location: WA | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for all of the replies.

I ended up ordering a Galco Summer Comfort IWB that was on sale for $20 off. It'll be here by the end of the week. That should get me by till I decide if I'm going to keep the 938 in my rotation. If so, I'll order a better handmade holster.

I took the gun to the range this morning and shot 100 rds of 124 gr Blazer through it and it was flawless. No hiccups and dead nuts on target. I'm impressed.

Jim