SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Took my wife shooting today and met another Sig guy.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Took my wife shooting today and met another Sig guy. Login/Join 
posted
I took the P220, 229C. I forgot to put my new M17 in the car, I really wanted to shoot that one today. I still bummed about that. Anyway it’s rare to get her to want to go shooting, so I let her shoot all she wanted. She shot about 150 each of 45 and 40. She really got better by the end. I started to talk with elderly man there who had a P226 w German. I noticed the breech roll pins were walking out. So I asked about he issue. He replied that he just taps them back in after he shoots it and been doing that for years. I explained to him that a loose breech can cause the slide to crack. He said he had 80-100k rounds thru it, then he asked if I knew a smith who can do the work, which I don’t have an answer. I told him, I would send it to Sig if it were mine. They can tune it up and check for problems. I feel that I have him worried, his eyes got big, like oh crap!

Posts: 16 | Location: WV | Registered: July 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
If he's been doing that for a long time and never replaced the pins, I wonder how many rounds he has on his recoil spring? An overhaul at Sig could be very beneficial. At a minimum I'd recommend a parts kit if he can find someone local to help him out with it.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He reloads so I hope he’s been making light loads all these years.

Posts: 16 | Location: WV | Registered: July 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, send it to SIG for sure.

Hopefully it can be repaired / etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post