SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    It’s always BS until it happens to you...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s always BS until it happens to you... Login/Join 
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
This will be the first full year of qual courses with p365s in rotation. We haven't seen any breakage or failure issues yet, but I'll make note if I hear of any. All the sample guns went through 5000 rounds without breakage in testing. I know our Director has one and is a shooter. If his had failed, they'd have been yanked. Mine remains flawless. (knock on wood)

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:

Of course, the probability of getting into a gunfight AND the striker breaking at a critical time when you otherwise would have gotten off a decisive round are getting close to Powerball odds.

Depends on how you run your stats.

50/50, every time. Either it will, or it won't. How many times it didn't fail before are irrelevant.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I’ll buy one once the issues are taken care of and they leave the factory as a reliable handgun.
A friend just bought one with a 2/19 born on date.
So I’m interested in how his holds up / performs.

My shooting partner has one he bought two years ago & still has it.
Loved the feel of it & the way it shoots.
As a pocket 9 the G43 wasn’t small enough for me to pocket carry so my wife took it & I went back to looking for anything that could come close to my Kahr CM9.

The P365 is as close as it gets.
Come on Sig get it straightened out !!!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My 365 is from May 2018 with the original striker design. I lost track of round count but it's not a lot. I wish SIG would just send out new strikers as a preventative measure. I'm not about to dump $100 on an aftermarket striker. I've regulated my P365 back to a range gun and went back to my Glock 32/33 pair for off duty/onduty backup carry.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

50/50, every time. Either it will, or it won't. How many times it didn't fail before are irrelevant.

That is not correct. There are two options, but they are not equally likely. Following your logic, you could say that the odds of the next round of factory ammo being a squib and lodging in the barrel are 50/50. That's not true either.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It certainly is.

Odds of an engine failure on every takeoff: 1/2. Either it will, or won't. We plan for both.

Same for a firearm functioning.

If your only chance of survival is that firearm, then you're living on luck.

Anyone that says chances are, it will keep working is a gambler. Any chance means there's a chance it won't and in the end, either it will, or it won't, but there had better be a plan of attack if it won't.

posted Hide Post
This may come across as being an apologist, but I am at 3900 rounds of flawless shooting with a March build. I am a survey of one. I feel the pain of anyone who actually had a problem.

It is a perfect edc gun for me. The 365 was my first Sig. Based on my enjoyment with the 365, I bought a p225 a1.

Posts: 19 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Wonder what the Sig folks think about any MIM parts in a pacemaker that would be installed in them? Why not build stuff that lasts?

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It certainly is.

Odds of an engine failure on every takeoff: 1/2. Either it will, or won't. We plan for both.

Anyone that says chances are, it will keep working is a gambler. Any chance means there's a chance it won't and in the end, either it will, or it won't, but there had better be a plan of attack if it won't.

I understand your point, but you are not flipping coins. If you insist on going with that interpretation, then it makes absolutely no difference if you are pulling out an untested early manufacture P365 or a proven G19.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want a P365. But will wait a while. Meantime, my P250 Subcompact does fine.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
I have been eyeing the 365 since it's first release. I had a 43 for about 5 minutes. Shot well, but everything about how the grip fit me was wrong. Even with a reduction.

It appears the latest production 365 may be good to go. Parts revised and so on. I am still likely to pick one up as the ones I have shot really impressed me. It is the perfect compliment for the 320 as my duty pistol.

Something of interest is Hickok45s new G43X video. He gives extremely high marks to his personal 365 which he admits has replaced his G43 as his EDC weapon. He goes on to say the 365 is a better carry pistol for him than the G43X.

As anyone knows who has seen Hickok45s vids, he is a serious Glock guy. Seems the 365 may have swayed him a bit, winds of change and all that.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
I am approaching 2000 rounds through my late June manufactured P365. Not one sign of any of the issues that have been reported.

I've been an LE firearms instructor since 1989. I've seen plenty of Glocks fail over the years, as well as Smiths and Sigs. They are mechanical devices, they can all fail any time they come out of the holster.

I'll keep carrying my 365 off duty and as an on duty back up, it works for me.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
or a proven G19.

LOL. You mean like this one?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6820091354

When I read things to where people like to tout Glock's "Proven track record", I have to giggle. I giggle a bunch. Because they have either not been around for very long, they don't go to the range much, or they are just blind by way of loving Glocks. Glock's can, often do malfunction, and break. Glock has a shit reputation for anyone that has been paying attention and not make excuses. Guns that detonate in the hand, guns that won't function when you put a light on them, guns that won't function because of erratic extraction and ejection, and on and on. But, their reputation is no better or worse than the shit shows by other major players. They are all about the same if you actually pay attention, and not put one brand on high because Tommy Lee Jones said so in US Marshals.

As guppy said, they are machines, and every time you roll out with one, you roll the dice.

This stuff happens. It happens to everyone, including Glock.

I don't own a 365, and unless I have to buy one for a project, I probably won't buy one. But, this constant bashing, back up with (snicker) "Glock's Proven Record", is funny to me beyond words. When SOCOM dumps the G19 this year, the rate of depression that will sweep across the internet will be epic. Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
It certainly is.

If you think that two possible outcomes means that the odds of either happening is 50/50, then you have a fundamental lack of understanding of odds, or probability.

If you flip a coin, it lands either heads or tails-two possible outcomes. The probability of heads is 50%. If you flip a coin a large number of times, heads will come up very close to 50% of the time.

An engine either will or will not fail on takeoff-two possible outcomes. That does NOT mean that the odds of engine failure are 50/50. If that were true, for every 100 takeoffs, there would be about 50 engine failures. Clearly not the case.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
or a proven G19.

LOL. You mean like this one?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6820091354

When SOCOM dumps the G19 this year, the rate of depression that will sweep across the internet will be epic. Big Grin

Hmm, little birdy, tea leaves?

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't give up, the P365 is a great gun. I've broken the striker twice in mine but the new striker design I have more faith in. I'm going to keep shooting it until it regains my confidence. It's performance and innovations are game changing.

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I love 365 threads as they are always so entertaining.

If you haven't already, check out the remarks under pretty much any of the 365 reviews on YouTube.

Those.. 'discussions' can get... lively.

Just to add to the entertainment, my April '18 P365 has over 1200 rounds fired and is good to go. My EDC since last summer.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timrh23:
Don't give up, the P365 is a great gun. I've broken the striker twice in mine but the new striker design I have more faith in. I'm going to keep shooting it until it regains my confidence. It's performance and innovations are game changing.

I think a lot of us might have a different perspective on a pistol that's broken TWO STRIKERS than it being a "great gun".........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Of course, the probability of getting into a gunfight AND the striker breaking at a critical time when you otherwise would have gotten off a decisive round are getting close to Powerball odds.

Yeah, you slept through that lesson in Prob & Stats.

Yes, there are only 2 outcomes, but it's not 50/50 probability.

Or if it is, I'm glad I don't fly in your planes. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, I didn't sleep through it, but it's bullshit.

You should be glad to fly on my aircraft (though you never will); failure is always assumed and prepared for...which is the case on all professionally operated flights. There is never a time when we will look at a potential failure and suggest that the odds of it happening are low, so we won't worry about it. Either it will, or it won't. We'll prepare for both.

A statistics guru will tell me that the odds are x, with mean and median and range and a lot of other crap which means exactly squat at the time of failure.

If it's mechanical, it will fail. It's never a matter of if, but when.

If it's biological, it will fail. Biological failure rate is 100%. There is never a question of if: always when. We all die.

You may ave 50,000 trouble free rounds through that P365 or G19 and not a single one of them counts for squat when you're in a gunfight and the weapon fails. Not one of them. What are the odds? Who gives a damn at that place, and time?

Stand up. Wave a white flag, and ask if you can get a pass, because the odds say this shouldn't be happening. Explain that it worked just fine the other 50,000 times. It's not really fair to be stuck, on this one.

Why do we bother doing malfunction drills?

Because it will malfunction. Why do I carry that second magazine? It's not because I plan to die in a pile of hot brass fighting off the hells angels. It's extra ammunition, but it's about going for a fresh magazine rather than troubleshooting the problem. We all understand that. We understand it because it will happen.

A few days ago we rejected a takeoff, a high-speed reject. A big bang, a big ball of flame, and a red light. Hot brakes. It was loud enough that the tower felt it. And heard it. Pretty big boom. What were the odds? If you're a statistics professor, I have no idea, but where the rubber meets the runway, it was 50/50 on each engine. Either it would, or it wouldn't. One of them wouldn't. We were either going, or rejecting; it was 50/50. We rejected.

Every time I press that trigger, it's either going to go bang, or not.