SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    226 grips question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 grips question Login/Join 
posted
Guys
My alloy 226 grip screws are stripped after all the years of use. Can I just get an E2 grip and retro fit onto the 226. My 226 was made in early 2002. thanks as always

Posts: 305 | Location: Chicagoland  | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by officerdave:
Guys
My alloy 226 grip screws are stripped after all the years of use. Can I just get an E2 grip and retro fit onto the 226. My 226 was made in early 2002. thanks as always

Yes, but you will need the newer E2 main spring assembly, also. And, if your gun doesn't have the looped/coiled TBS, already, you will need that, too.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...2-grip-kit-p226.html

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it the screws which are stripped or the screw base in the frame which are stripped?

For the latter, the first thing I'd do would be to run a tap thru them to see if they can be salvaged. If it's the former, new screws are an easy replacement.

In either case, with proper care it shouldn't have happened.

Posts: 62 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post