SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Modifying Sig P210 with Red Dot Adapter, non-target grips, flat target trigger - update.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Modifying Sig P210 with Red Dot Adapter, non-target grips, flat target trigger - update. Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Not that I could afford a P210 but this is fascinating. Please keep us informed with pictures.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post

Good news.
The German P210 Super Target arrived on THU.
The adjustable rear sight as well as the cutout in the slide - seem to be identical with US P210A

If that gets confirmed - this means that this red dot adapter will work with these 4 P210 models:
- Legend Target
- Legend Super Target 5"
- Legend Super Target 6"
- US-made P210A

With these 5 red dots:
- Vortex Venom
- Vortex Viper
- Burris Fast Fire 2
- Burris Fast Fire 3
- Docter

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful new addition, congrats!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post

...have a little Flat Target Trigger update as well.
Please note that this CAD drawing is missing the 6 gentle front trigger grooves.
The grooves will have the same spacing as Swiss National Match pistols from 1960s.

Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post

....update with vertical grooves.

(grooves were present on National Match competition P210 made in 1960s'.....all other P210 triggers are smooth)

Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post

...playing with a newer version of the red dot mount prototype.

posted Hide Post
Can’t wait for that straight trigger! Big Grin

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Reeeeeeee muh P210 Mad

Very cool, good luck with it Wink

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I had a super nice P210 I would want a super nice RDS. Is there any reason a mount for an RMR is not being considered?

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BullBarrel:
Flat Target Trigger

That is sacrilege in an uncomfortably exciting way. Definitely looking forward to hearing how it turns out at the range.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone is looking for a P210A my local gun shop has one for $1400. It’s a very small gunsmith shop in a small town more than a store so it might be there a while.

Just saw it tonight.

In Illinois near St.Louis.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post

....moving along, making some more tweaks but if everything works as planned, this should be pretty much the final look of the mount for American P210A s well as German Legend Target and both (5" and 6") Super Target models.....(production pieces will be black and will fit 5 different red dots).

Flat trigger will still have a tweak or two coming up...

Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
quote:

(production pieces will be black and will fit 5 different red dots).

Flat trigger will still have a tweak or two coming up...

quote:
- red dot adapter for Docter, Vortex and Burris.

And the Trijicon RMR?

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
No plans for Trijicon RMR at this time.

Why? Simple business economics.
1) wanted to start with one mounting pattern before offering more

2) Considering the minimum required quantities by our manufacturer, from a business perspective it makes more sense to offer a mount 'at first' that accommodates 5 different red dots vs just one.
(it will work with Burris Fast Fire 2 and 3, Vortex Venom, Vortex Viper and Docter)

3) If someone (a retailer or quite a few individuals) guarantees purchasing of 50 units, I will float the other 50 in stock, to pay for additional R&D for Trijicon.

It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
The red dot mount is cool, but I need non-target grips that are a bit smaller before I buy a P210A.

Posts: 1501 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
quote:
No plans for Trijicon RMR at this time.

Why? Simple business economics.
1) wanted to start with one mounting pattern before offering more

2) Considering the minimum required quantities by our manufacturer, from a business perspective it makes more sense to offer a mount 'at first' that accommodates 5 different red dots vs just one.
(it will work with Burris Fast Fire 2 and 3, Vortex Venom, Vortex Viper and Docter)

3) If someone (a retailer or quite a few individuals) guarantees purchasing of 50 units, I will float the other 50 in stock, to pay for additional R&D for Trijicon.

Thanks for the follow up. Color will be black?

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
Nuclear,
The flat trigger, red dot mount and the 'regular/non-Target" grips are the there P210A projects I am working in.
Expecting to have something meaningful to show in OCT as far as the grips go..

DC3S,

Yes, the color of the mount will be black.
However, it will also be available in brushed silver (custom orders) to match the German Target and Super Target silver models.

Something similar I did here with X5 X6 red dot mount (fits also the same 5 red dot models).
Normally it is available in black, but also in silver in small quantities - per request.

Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
The red dot mount is cool, but I need non-target grips that are a bit smaller before I buy a P210A.

Leaving for Europe in OCT and meeting my manufacturer.
I am promised to have my prototype of nice non-target grips in my hands on OCT 22nd when we meet.
They will have the same look with similar checkering, a little of a palm swell in the middle as the stock ones - but no flare
on the bottom and will not go below the frame. A new base pad will be available with these regular slim grips.

posted Hide Post
Wow!

Super cool!

It does seem a little wrong for the old to meet the new in this fashion but I appreciate the ingenuity.

Posts: 44 | Registered: April 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post