SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Modifying Sig P210 with Red Dot Adapter, non-target grips, flat target trigger - update.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Modifying Sig P210 with Red Dot Adapter, non-target grips, flat target trigger - update. Login/Join 
Picture of BullBarrel
posted
Sig P210 Red Dot Adapter .....and other tweaks

Playing with my second P210A:
- eventually going for regular non target grips (still a lot of work to be done)
- flat target trigger (CAD drawing getting done)
- red dot adapter for Docter, Vortex and Burris.
(first CAD drawing done !, next 'simple' 3D prototype, then SLS 3D high def prototype, then metal prototype....then final mount)

Since the US p210 as well as German Legend Target models have the 'hump' that hides the rear sight, a little build up in the front of the 'hump' helps to eliminate the large gap......Not an ideal scenario, but better than a large gap underneath..... (will be tweaking this a little more, to achieve the best possible look.)

Having A LOT of fun with this P210 project.
(BTW, the red dot as well as well as the trigger should work on German models as well....to be found out soon)

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uhhh. I'm kinda speechless. Confused

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Every time a P210 get a red dot. God kills a kitten. Big Grin

I wouldn't but hey.. It's your pistol to do what you please. The CAD project portion sounds like a fun project.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
[.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BullBarrel,

Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BullBarrel:
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Every time a P210 get a red dot. God kills a kitten. Big Grin

That cracked me up actually, LOL!! .....and yes, I know what you mean and - 'the joke absolutely fits' ;-)

While this adapter will most likely also fit German Legend Target and Super Target P210 models, I am not planning to put a red dot on any of my Swiss P210 guns.

quote:
I wouldn't but hey.. It's your pistol to do what you please. The CAD project portion sounds like a fun project.

I am fortunate to own a few dozen of them going back to 1947. I collect P210s and I like to shoot 'all of them'...... A LOT! the problem is that since about 2 years ago I need to wear reading glasses and as such I can longer aim at tiny targets that are far (my preferred style of shooting). Red dots allow me to shoot only with protective googles as I can focus on small targets at greater distances.

I have two US-made P210s and I bought this one used for only 9 Benjis, so I thought it would be a perfect candidate for some tweaks. Hence I decided to develop the red dot mount, 'regular' grips and flat target trigger.

Cheers !

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Good for folks who want RDS option for their P210s.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As they say "To each his own" Smile. I waited twenty five years for the USA Sig P210. I like it the way it is. At 78 years old which i can't see a thing i have other guns that look ok with a red dot to use.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would put one on my P210 as long as it is easily reversable. Can you say tack driver.

Posts: 3919 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
...the problem is that since about 2 years ago I need to wear reading glasses and as such I can longer aim at tiny targets that are far (my preferred style of shooting). Red dots allow me to shoot only with protective googles as I can focus on small targets at greater distances.

I hear ya, sincerely I hear ya! For irons and my own aging eyes, it's become ever more challenging to pick up the front sight in quick transitions during competitions (IPSC, IDPA) and has become ever more frustrating in a sport I thoroughly enjoy. So have my first RDS now on a P320 X5 and couldn't be happier. So, very much interested in your plan here - looks great so far! For some of us, irons just aren't a workable option anymore - in certain instances.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is an interesting project. It hadn't occurred to me to put an RDS on a P210 but I guess that's because I think of the pistol in its classic form and original production.

With a current, US-produced P210, why not? If you were to own just one P210, I don't think this would be the way to go, for what I consider to be obvious reasons, but as a second example in your shooting battery, this is most interesting.

BTW, I haven't seen code33 around here in a long time, but you should see his customized P210.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
Nice project and good timing, I think it will sell.

Will you expand to other brands, say Trijicon or C More?

User installed?

Price point?

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
BTW, I haven't seen code33 around here in a long time, but you should see his customized P210.
GGI has a small snippet on it.

Custom SIG Sauer P210 duty gun

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this is a terrific project!

Thank you for the information.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
GGI has a small snippet on it.

Custom SIG Sauer P210 duty gun

A Swiss P210 with rail? That's nasty. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
I would put one on my P210 as long as it is easily reversible. Can you say tack driver.

It will be VERY easy reversible:
- the mount will be held down in with one vertical screw and one existing horizontal pin. The user can go back and forth every easy.

- on FRI my German P210 Super Target should arrive. I cannot wait and hopefully will be able to confirm that the cutout for the adjustable rear sight is the same on US TGT as well as German Target and Super Target models.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The red dot mount is pretty cool...and usable. Particularly for a P210A I'd have zero problem putting a red dot on one. My Legend frankly has a horrid to see (and use) set of sights for my eyes. And since I've been using red dots on pistols I must say that I do like them quite a lot.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:

- the mount will be held down in with one vertical screw and one existing horizontal pin. The user can go back and forth every easy.

Key point for me - I have a P210 Legend and have been wanting, but holding off on, a P210A precisely because of the iron sights. If I have an option to relatively easily swap to an RDS, I could see adding another Sig 210 to the collection lol.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
I would put one on my P210 as long as it is easily reversible. Can you say tack driver.

Perfect!

Posts: 3919 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep up the good work, Milos. Hopefully the red dot mount will be available sooner rather than later. I'll be your first customer.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 125 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Just Plain Cliff:
Keep up the good work, Milos. Hopefully the red dot mount will be available sooner rather than later. I'll be your first customer.

Thank you, Cliff.

OMW this evening to test the second 3D prototype: