SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does anyone here still CC a Browning HiPower ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone here still CC a Browning HiPower ? Login/Join 
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Still one of the sexiest 9mm made. I'm considering the BHP or CZ-75 SA.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I used to carry mine on a regular-basis. There are so many better choices available today. My Hi-Powers are currently relegated to home defense, and range duty.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yow!! I know it's a Browning, and I know Browning likes to sell guns with gold triggers, but...my eyes, my eyes!

OP, I haven't carried the HP I've got yet. It's about the same size and about as handy as one of the older 220s or 226s, and I do keep one of those around on a regular basis. I guess I'm going to have to get some leather and give it a try.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry this Lightweight Alloy Hi Power worked over by Don Williams.

I also carry this a standard MKIII worked over by Jim Garthwaite.

Posts: 413 | Registered: July 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It's been years since I carried my self customized MKIII in a Kramer #3 horsehide holster. But I do admit to periodically carrying my "chopped" and tweaked FM HiPower Detective. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several including an old t series that was my fathers. Love them .

My favorite though is the .40 FN model with the SFS. The safety is so much easier to use, but you have to get used to using it .

As noted by others, the older smaller safeties were not very easy to use and even the later models with the larger ones left a lot to be desired.

IF you notice , ALL the nicely modded ones have better safeties .

Posts: 543 | Registered: January 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
one of my regrets in life is not buying a HP like 20 years ago. I was too stuck in the revolver world to think about any semi auto.

I guess it's not too late, but as a CCW gun, it's not a 'modern' choice.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
I did for a year or two and then I bought a Sig P228 and now that's my carry pistol.

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I do on occasion. It feels right in my hand and is a tack driver.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
My BHP is my winter carry in an R. Grizzle T&C2. It is the smallest "full size" gun I have ever held. I love it. Accurate, reliable, and very smooth to present. I use the nickel 15 round Mec-Gar mags for carry, they drop right out when I hit the mag release (mine still has the mag safety). The trigger measures in at a little over 8 pounds but it is absolutely perfect. A hint of takeup, extremly chrisp break, and no overtravel. I'm not gonna touch it.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post