SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DAK Trigger System
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DAK Trigger System Login/Join 
posted
I have never fired a gun with a DAK trigger system, but it seems to me that it would make a lot of sense as CCW. Anyone here use this system? Comments?

Posts: 19 | Registered: July 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best way I can describe it s a lighter version on a double action revolver. If used to a shorter trigger reset easy to short stroke follow up shots. Love my 229 SAS Gen1.

Posts: 165 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I had never fired one until I got a Sig Gen 1 P239 DAK SAS in .40.

(Bear in mind I shot a lot of 1911s over the years when I say this).
My initial impression was that I would start pulling the trigger, keep pulling the trigger, go to the kitchen for a snack, keep pulling the trigger, check my email, keep pulling the trigger, etc.

When it fired it definitely was a surprise.

But I got used to it.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
My first SIG was a conventional DA/SA P229 that I didn’t shoot much for several years. Once I started, it wasn’t long before I missed the action of the revolvers I had been familiar with decades, so I had the 229 converted to double action only. A few years later, and within several months after the DAK trigger was introduced I realized it was a superior double action only system. I switched most of my pistols to DAK and although I have a P320 that I use for some purposes, my carry guns and the ones I usually use for training and practice are DAK.

Although I like the P320, unless I had one equipped with a manual firing inhibitor (“safety”) I wouldn’t consider it for concealed carry. The DAK trigger is far more forgiving of handling mistakes and issues with foreign items like clothing getting on the trigger when holstering.

DAK P226s are issued to a few of the people in my agency who had difficulty with the DA/SA P220 trigger.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"i never thought that I would particularly care for a DAK trigger in a Sig, but after Purchasing a Sig P220 Compact in 2007 I adjusted to it remarkably well. It is my favorite carry gun and I shoot it just as well as my other Sigs. I absolutely love this pistol as a every day concealed carry pistol. What I really like is the first shot is considerably easy compared to the SA/DA making the first shot more accurate and faster for me. Smooth and easy trigger pull. Took a little bit to adjust to, but no problem and really like it. It would be easy to convert to DA/SA but for carry I prefer it and will leave it as is. I should note for a number of years I carried a revolver up until the time my agency from which I retired from, switched out to the SIg P226 DA/SA so it did not take long to once again to adjust to a double action pistol.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Sigfruend is the man when it comes to DAK pistols. You are in good hands.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I have a 220 Carry DAK that I really like. It's my only DAK, but I would not hesitate to own another. Some might want to go all-DAK or all- DA/SA, but I don't have a problem transitioning between the 2 when I bring the 220 Carry into the rotation.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was making application to an agency that ran the 229, I bought a 229. About then, another 229 came available for a great price, with a DAK trigger, so I got it, too.

The DAK is similar to the HK LEM trigger in feel, and I like them both. I didnt take the job, but kept both pistols. The DAK is an easy trigger for almost anyone with any background. Whether you're used to double action revolver, single action, striker, da/sa, it's an easy transition, and for someone who doesnt like a heavier first-double action pull, it may be an improvement.

The only way to know is to try one yourself. It's subjective.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I like my DAK 224 9mm. I'm every bit as accurate with it as any of my DA/SA guns. To me it's similar to a Kahr DAO trigger.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
When I shoot drills with Sig DA/SA guns I find the first shot is the most accurate. I have 2 DAK pistols and all the shots are that accurate. I'm just a bit slower on follow up shots with the DAK, but I believe accuracy tops speed in most situations.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I like my DAK 224 9mm. I'm every bit as accurate with it as any of my DA/SA guns. To me it's similar to a Kahr DAO trigger.

Ditto Dusty. My 224 DAK 9mm is very shootable and is similar to my Kahr P9 & K9 in terms of a smooth DAO trigger (a little RBurke work did not hurt it either Wink). And like sigfruend (the DAK master) above, I think these types of DAOs make excellent carry pieces.

Disclaimer: I am the happy owner of DAOs; P250, P224 DAK, P9, K9, & MK9.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a used police trade 226 with the DAK trigger. The prices were just too good to pass.

It was very smooth and easy to use. I could see where this would be a great duty/CCW gun.

However, I converted mine to DA/SA since it is a range-only gun and I missed the SA option. I like the DAK system, but didn’t see much need on a range-only gun.

Before and After:

Posts: 51 | Registered: April 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like DAK is an either or situation for some folks.
You either love it or hate it.
As an old school revolver type, the DAK is an excellent system for me and very suitable for defensive use.
And.... no matter what trigger function you chose, practice is needed in order to become proficient.
And a lot of DAK .40 226 cop trade ins are hitting the market now and are very cheap.
Go ahead an get the DAK gun, then shoot it. If you truly are not adaptable to it, someone on the forum will probably take it off your hands.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies.

I think that I will keep my eyes open for a P229 and/or P239 DAK. Given the availability of LEO trade ins, it should not be difficult to find a decent buy on one.

Posts: 19 | Registered: July 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Good choices. Ya the one I let get away was a 239 DAK Gen 1. I'd sure like it back.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

The DAK is similar to the HK LEM trigger in feel, and I like them both.

This is a question I've been searching for an answer to. How similar are they? In a previous life I was issued an HK USP with the LEM trigger, and I've missed it since turning it in, but I don't miss the USP. A SIG with the same trigger would make me a happy camper.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I like it a lot if I carried my Sig I would have it converted.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeSig
posted Hide Post
I'm another DAK fan.

Have one in 239 in 9.

Also have a 239 40 that is likely too early a version to convert, but would have done so if possible.

The systems just works for me.

JoeSig

Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria, Sola Scriptura

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: October 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a 226 DAK and I really like it. When it's not at the range it's pulling HD duty in my nightstand.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeSig:

Also have a 239 40 that is likely too early a version to convert, but would have done so if possible.

JoeSig

I was surprised to find my early 229 can be converted to DAK. Just call SIG with the 239 ser # and they should be able to tell you as they did for my 229.

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post