SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK VP9SK up on HK USA website
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK VP9SK up on HK USA website Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
Well it looks like the HK VP9SK will be out fairly soon in the USA. I am very happy with my P30SK LEM but always interested in a new HK model.

http://hk-usa.com/hk-models/vp9-sk/

HK is also coming out with factory magazine extensions for the 13 and 15 round magazine that I assume will work with the P30SK too though as of now I am doing fine with the 13 round X-Grip adapter on mine.

Many VP9 fans have been waiting for the VP9SK and it looks the wait will be over soon. I am sure it will be a big seller for HK.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Hurray for this. All they need to do is offer a factory threaded barrel.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Did you see that in Europe HK is also offering the VP9 with a buttom magazine release. They even have a VP9 with a manual safety.
Link: http://www.heckler-koch.com/en...roduct-overview.html

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Yeah saw that a couple weeks ago. Nothing on safety and button models on the USA sight yet though I thought button magazine release was an American thing.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Yeah saw that a couple weeks ago. Nothing on safety and button models on the USA sight yet though I thought button magazine release was an American thing.

It does seem to be a flip in the American vs. European view on pistols. I have a NIB VP9 LE that I am going to keep pristine for a while longer in case HK USA imports the HK Europe version. A VP9 and VP9sk with the traditional American view are very intriguing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BB61,

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
This gun will sell well.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
This will be mineBig Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:

Tap the brakes there big fella'. You still have dance lessons, a car, college, and a wedding ahead of you. Better start saving up. I'll get it and let you shoot it...

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy, the SK sure looks a lot like the Walther P22!

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darr3239:
Boy, the SK sure looks a lot like the Walther P22!

So it looks like a P99? The p22 was just a sad attempt at copying the P99 good looks into a craptastic 22.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
That 10 round mag with the finger extension base plate, is gonna be the money for purchasers. That's straight Glock 26 with +0 Pearce base plate. Heel of the pistol is the same as a flush mag so it doesn't print more, but allows a full fingered grip. This allows better control, and quicker follow up shots. With a 15 round extended mag for reload, should be a very hot ticket for ccw.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Looks good! Just saw that it takes standard VP9/P30 mags so that works in favor for me since I have a dozen mags for the VP9 already.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never been a fan of double stack mag, two finger grip pistols. I wish HK would have used the 13rnd mag and gave it a grip the length of the USP compact.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I wonder if those SK magazines will work on a P30SK?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:

I would think as it would make a lot of sense for HK also. The magazines are for the P2000/USP-9 flat base plate (13 round) and VP9/P30 (15 round). The parts schematic shows magazine extenders that work with those magazines. In the past one had to get them from X-Grip but now HK looks to be making their own.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:

Well it says the standard 15-round VP9 mags will work in the VP9sk. Knowing that P30/VP9 mags are identical, and a full size P30/VP9 mag will work in the P30sk, I'm going to guess the P30sk/VP9sk mags will be identical as well.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:

Tap the brakes there big fella'. You still have dance lessons, a car, college, and a wedding ahead of you. Better start saving up. I'll get it and let you shoot it...

Touché. That's awful kind of you Razz

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post