SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trijicon SRO and RMR optics practice + range PT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon SRO and RMR optics practice + range PT Login/Join 
Picture of redrider1596
posted
My agency is going Glock and they are gonna be MOS guns. After having a g34 gen5 with a DPP for a year and not many matches or rounds downrange, I went ahead and shuffled things around. Im all setup to learn these optics skills with a g45 mos + RMR and a G17 gen5 mos + SRO.

After zeroing at 25, worked on some sight tracking with progressively faster splits. Plan to do more videos showing my progress with the optics guns. Thinking accuracy work (500 point aggregate) and some long shots (50-100 yards) for the next video.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: redrider1596,

Posts: 321 | Location: Rio Grande Valley, TX | Registered: March 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Nice. What do you think about the sight track on the 45 versus the 17? With the difference in optics not withstanding.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redrider1596
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Nice. What do you think about the sight track on the 45 versus the 17?

So the 17 in current config has a 14lb recoil spring in it and I would say that the 45 tracks very very close without modification.

It tracks well enough that I was surprised to almost match my 17/SRO split times with the unmodified 45/RMR.

Posts: 321 | Location: Rio Grande Valley, TX | Registered: March 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
It looked very solid. I know sometimes to make it look solid we have to put extra work in, and didn't know how well the two tracked.

Great work and great vid.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
A bit off topic, but is that the place over near Los Fresnos? Will be in the area and was thinking I'd drop by after not having been there in a while.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redrider1596
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
A bit off topic, but is that the place over near Los Fresnos? Will be in the area and was thinking I'd drop by after not having been there in a while.

No. This is Coyote Arms in Edinburg.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Okay, the sandbag wore me out.....lol Nice shooting. To my eyes you looked more comfortable with the SRO.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Nice. Thanks for the video. It was entertaining.

I shot my buddy’s 19 w/ a Vortex against my iron sighted 45 and noticed my groups with his gun were twice as big. I’ve got to learn to shoot with an RMR, they are the way of the future.

I sent one of my slides off for an Agency AOS cut but unfortunately I’m only week three into a twelve week wait. Frown

In the meantime I’ve been watching a lot of Sage Dynamics videos and dryfriring my G40 with my fiber optic RMR.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redrider1596
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Okay, the sandbag wore me out.....lol Nice shooting. To my eyes you looked more comfortable with the SRO.

Yes, the SRO is "easier" on the eyes.

Picture of redrider1596
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
Nice. Thanks for the video. It was entertaining.

I shot my buddy’s 19 w/ a Vortex against my iron sighted 45 and noticed my groups with his gun were twice as big. I’ve got to learn to shoot with an RMR, they are the way of the future.

I sent one of my slides off for an Agency AOS cut but unfortunately I’m only week three into a twelve week wait. Frown

In the meantime I’ve been watching a lot of Sage Dynamics videos and dryfriring my G40 with my fiber optic RMR.

Some bullseye shooting is next for me with my two optics guns. When i zeroed up the 45 i was putting 5 rounds on a 3x5 card at 25. I feel like that 45 is gonna be a laser beam.

posted Hide Post
Nice video. What agency are you with? CBP?

Posts: 56 | Location: Alabama | Registered: September 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redrider1596
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bkc2a:
Nice video. What agency are you with? CBP?

Yes. I'm curious how the CBP Glock 47 will shoot being a 17 length slide with a 19/45 recoil spring.

posted Hide Post
Good video - thanks - I like the PT then shooting.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redrider1596
posted Hide Post
Swapped the SRO onto the G45 and shot a drill i've been wanting to try for awhile. Also added Ameriglo all black suppressor height sights.

Throw out some ideas for range PT...i want to get a barbell out there.

posted Hide Post
Awesome videos and shooting.

Who makes the owb you were using in the first video?

Thank you---Mike

Posts: 176 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redrider1596
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gregory056349:
Awesome videos and shooting.

Who makes the owb you were using in the first video?

Thank you---Mike

Bravo Concealment

posted Hide Post
Enjoyed your video. What is the MOA of the Trijicon SRO you are using? Apparently there are three sizes available. Thanks

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redrider1596
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Enjoyed your video. What is the MOA of the Trijicon SRO you are using? Apparently there are three sizes available. Thanks

I'm using a 2.5 moa. Waiting for a 5moa version to come in stock so I can compare them to each other.

posted Hide Post
Thanks. Will look for the update.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post