SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 516 pistol Users
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 516 pistol Users Login/Join 
posted
I have been made aware of an older Sig 516 pistol with SBX stabilizing stock that wraps around the forearm for sale. I have reviewed the information about it on line and am not certain if the stock is a side folder. The image I have seen of it seems to be that it isn't a folder. Does anyone know if the stock is also a side folder like on the MPX? If not can the side folder be added? Would adding the side folding stock cause it to become a NFA weapon?

Thank you in advance.

Posts: 619 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if the stock is also a side folder like on the MPX? No it's not

If not can the side folder be added? Yes

Would adding the side folding stock cause it to become a NFA weapon? No

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CandyMan45

Thank you for your answers.
In your experience using the firearm any negatives that you have identified?
How many rounds have you fired through it?
Once Again Thank you.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
No negatives really... About 2K rounds

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
Does anyone know if the stock is also a side folder like on the MPX? No it's not

If not can the side folder be added? Yes

Would adding the side folding stock cause it to become a NFA weapon? No

Not to be a nitpicky type but would rather make sure no one gets in trouble but adding a folding STOCK would make it NFA. I think Candyman meant adding a side folding BRACE or making the existing brace would NOT make it subject to NFA.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10X-Shooter
Thank you for your input.
I did mean a side folding brace and not a folding stock. I see that I didn't clarify that as well as I could of in the original post.

Candyman.45
Thank you

Do

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” -Theodore Roosevelt