SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 Style Commander in 9mm?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 Style Commander in 9mm? Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
About 1.5 years with my Ruger and thousands of rounds with no issues (using MecGar and Wilson mags). I mostly shoot this suppressed.

Barrel extension and threading done by Adco.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:

Steel bobtail-
http://danwessonfirearms.com/product/v-bob/

That V-Bob is calling my name stronger than any Glock.

Mostly 9mm and .45 ACP:
P226 Enhanced Elite
P938 SAS
P320 Compact w/subcompact grip
P225-A1 two-tone
Bunch of Dan Wessons
Assorted Berettas, CZs, etc.

Posts: 199 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Colt Series 80 Combat Commander so it gets the nod based on my personal experience with it. If I were getting something brand new, however, the Dan Wesson Valkyrie would be the winner based on everything people say about it. A 38 Super barrel would be part of the plan!

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
. . .and one might consider an almost-Commander that has been sized to 9mm: Springfield EMP4 Lightweight Champion (PI9211L). See June 2016 AR. Looks like and acts like 1911, but just a bit smaller - and ten rounds in mag.

That said, have seen lots of good performance from both Ruger and Colt Commanders. However, if you replace trigger in Ruger, be sure to include overtravel screw in the replacement.
Mac

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a DW V-BOB in 9mm, stainless today. I'll post pics when it comes in.

Mostly 9mm and .45 ACP:
P226 Enhanced Elite
P938 SAS
P320 Compact w/subcompact grip
P225-A1 two-tone
Bunch of Dan Wessons
Assorted Berettas, CZs, etc.

Posts: 199 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was extremely impressed with this one I saw recently in a Sportsmans Warehouse...

https://christensenarms.com/a-series/

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a combat commander in 9mm and don't care for the commanders and prefer the government model. But that being said, I'd look really hard at Dan Wessons and some of the new Colts. I bought a Colt 9mm special combat government and like it a lot.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I've been wanting one too and eyeing the STI.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I'm a big DW fanboy, but a couple of my shooting buddies have the STI Trojan 9mm (hard chromed, Dawson FO sights, etc.) They love 'em.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post