SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Oh great! SIG is killing me. P220 10mm Legion
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh great! SIG is killing me. P220 10mm Legion Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I love my Legion P226. I have about 6000 rounds through it.

I love it so much that I went to pick up the P220 Legion. I ended up coming home though with the Stainless Elite. For .45, I like the feel of all-steel. I'd stick with the same for 10 mm.

YMMV

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Anyone care to purchase a kidney? I have two and don't need both.

$1900 OBO.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GreenDragoon:

I love it so much that I went to pick up the P220 Legion. I ended up coming home though with the Stainless Elite. For .45, I like the feel of all-steel. I'd stick with the same for 10 mm.

YMMV

I thought the 10mm required a steel frame so I presume the Legion will be a full steel gun as well. Which would explain part of the $530 difference in MSRP between the .45 and 10mm.
I could be wrong.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FWP:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Yup, 10mm magazines will run .38s and 9mm also. They still make the P220 9mm barrels in Germany. You can also thread it for a can...

So if I had a 10mm 220 I could purchase a 9mm 220 barrel if I could find one and I'd be good to go or would I need other parts?

I can't imagine it being that simple but I could be wrong on that too.

Here are the barrels
https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...ment-barrel-9mm.html

————————————————

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Yup, 10mm magazines will run .38s and 9mm also. They still make the P220 9mm barrels in Germany. You can also thread it for a can...

So if I had a 10mm 220 I could purchase a 9mm 220 barrel if I could find one and I'd be good to go or would I need other parts?

Actually, it was a follow up from the following post:

quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
Once you have your 38 Super 220 legion it's only a barrel change and magazine to have a 9mm too!

So 357 Sig and 40 SW are a more likely for the 10mm Legion.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks 38SuperSig.

Posts: 82 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 10mm Legions on G.B. I'm seeing are priced from $1500-$1700. Still spendy but pretty tempting...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin!" ( Fletcher in The Outlaw Josie Wales)

Posts: 644 | Location: Wisconsin,USA | Registered: September 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks 38SuperSig.

Yes sir, I can't rule out that it may be possible to put a .38 Super slide onto a Legion frame, but I just can't mess with some good ol' fashioned 1994 German awesomeness...

That and I don't have the $1450 on me right now.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by GreenDragoon:

YMMV

I thought the 10mm required a steel frame so I presume the Legion will be a full steel gun as well. Which would explain part of the $530 difference in MSRP between the .45 and 10mm.
I could be wrong.

That would make me VERY interested then.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one here has one yet? Love to see a range report!

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
Damnit! Damnit them Hooligans! I just found out that SIG is making the Legion in P220. Not only that but it's available in 10mm!

I love mes some P220. It just feels so right in my hands. I shoot my old school P220 very well. It's one of my most accurate pistols.

I have great confidence in it. Accurate, reliable. A pistol I can trust my life to.

I have been wanting a Legion, but they are spendly. That said, I was fairly safe because it wasn't in the P220 goodness that I love. Now don't get me wrong, I like other SIG's too. But the P220 is an almost "perfect fit".

I don't own a 10mm. Always wanted one. Now SIG comes out with the P220 Legion, but a 10mm one on top of that!

Now I want both the 10mm and .45ACP! Come on SIG! Have a heart.

I'll just leave this out there. If anyone was looking for a birthday gift for me. One or the other or both would be greatly appreciated.

ARman

I SO WANT ONE!

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I have a reverse two tone P220 DA/SA already, so I'll probably pass on the Legion.

I am still waiting for a P220 Ligion SA only.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would one want a legion over the all stainless 220? This makes no sense to me.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
Why would one want a legion over the all stainless 220? This makes no sense to me.

Same reason one would buy a Legion in any other model or caliber.

Likely the added Legion features. Finish, sights, trigger, etc. at least in my case that is the reason.
I have yet to confirm but I presume the 10mm Legion is all steel as well. I remember at the introduction of the 220 10mm it was noted it needed the steel frame and not the alloy.
I have not seen full specs on the 10mm Legion so I am only guessing but with a $530 higher MSRP on the 10mm Legion over the .45 Legion I can only presume that is one factor in the price difference.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
quote:

I want both. Is that wrong?

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC Fan:
quote:

I want both. Is that wrong?

If that's wrong, I don't want to be right!

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
I have a reverse two tone P220 DA/SA already, so I'll probably pass on the Legion.

I am still waiting for a P220 Ligion SA only.

I have the same reverse 2-tone. In my opinion the 500-700 price inceease for the Legion is little steep in comparison.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why?

PSAIT Trigger
Sights
Grips
Trigger undercut
SRT
PVD Coating
And I get a cool coin so there is no question of my operational operator status. Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Anyone actually have one yet?
I am still trying to figure out the reason for the $530 increase in MSRP for the 10mm. Imparted to the counterpart in .45.
Surely there must be more than the presumed stainless frame.

————————————————

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
My LGS is trying to get me one/

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post