SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Oh great! SIG is killing me. P220 10mm Legion
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh great! SIG is killing me. P220 10mm Legion Login/Join 
posted
Damnit! Damnit them Hooligans! I just found out that SIG is making the Legion in P220. Not only that but it's available in 10mm!

I love mes some P220. It just feels so right in my hands. I shoot my old school P220 very well. It's one of my most accurate pistols.

I have great confidence in it. Accurate, reliable. A pistol I can trust my life to.

I have been wanting a Legion, but they are spendly. That said, I was fairly safe because it wasn't in the P220 goodness that I love. Now don't get me wrong, I like other SIG's too. But the P220 is an almost "perfect fit".

I don't own a 10mm. Always wanted one. Now SIG comes out with the P220 Legion, but a 10mm one on top of that!

Now I want both the 10mm and .45ACP! Come on SIG! Have a heart.

I'll just leave this out there. If anyone was looking for a birthday gift for me. One or the other or both would be greatly appreciated.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
A local fun shop actually rec'd the 10mm before they rec'd any .45's

I just need them to make a P-220 Legion chambered for the .38 Super.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
A local fun shop actually rec'd the 10mm before they rec'd any .45's

I just need them to make a P-220 Legion chambered for the .38 Super.

Damnit! Stop that! I have always wanted a P220 in 38 Super. I have always liked that cartage. I miss my old junky .38 Super, it was junk and wasn't the most accurate. It was reliable and it had less muzzle rise.

A SIG P220 Legion in .38 Super would really kill me! I would have to have all three then. That would put a hurting on the pocket book!

ARman

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
Damnit! Damnit them Hooligans! I just found out that SIG is making the Legion in P220. Not only that but it's available in 10mm!

I love mes some P220. It just feels so right in my hands. I shoot my old school P220 very well. It's one of my most accurate pistols.

I have great confidence in it. Accurate, reliable. A pistol I can trust my life to.

I have been wanting a Legion, but they are spendly. That said, I was fairly safe because it wasn't in the P220 goodness that I love. Now don't get me wrong, I like other SIG's too. But the P220 is an almost "perfect fit".

I don't own a 10mm. Always wanted one. Now SIG comes out with the P220 Legion, but a 10mm one on top of that!

Now I want both the 10mm and .45ACP! Come on SIG! Have a heart.

I'll just leave this out there. If anyone was looking for a birthday gift for me. One or the other or both would be greatly appreciated.

ARman

Sig is very good at finding new ways to get your dollars. They had you in mind with this one. And me. Thank goodness I just bought a P220 SS SAO 10mm, I don't think I need this one. Well, maybe.......

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Once you have your 38 Super 220 legion it's only a barrel change and magazine to have a 9mm too!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
Once you have your 38 Super 220 legion it's only a barrel change and magazine to have a 9mm too!

STOP THAT! STOP THAT I SAY! Man that is just wrong. So, so wrong.

Man that would be cool beans.

ARman

Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I just handled a SAO P226 legion yesterday and was so impressed I was telling the guy I'd be all over a P220 10mm Legion if it existed haha damn what will I do now...

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I just got back from a range trip with my P220 Legion in. 45.
They are shooters alright.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup, 10mm magazines will run .38s and 9mm also. They still make the P220 9mm barrels in Germany. You can also thread it for a can...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
List price on that bad boy is over $1900.00. I mean, the idea of having a P220 Legion SAO in 10mm is wonderful, but at that price, I can also look at a Dan Wesson Bruin or Valor in 10mm.

Part of me thinks the P220 stainless elite SAO in 10mm may be the better value at less than $1200.00. But this is just me. I may lose all control if I actually handle one.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
The local Scheels store put on a "SIG Range Day" last week. I got to shoot a standard kryptek 220 in TEN. First one I have shot in ten mm and I was impressed.

The recoil was not sharp at all...more of a SMOOOTH push, but a quick push. I liked the gun and it appeared to be accurate.

I know the feeling of angst over these guys. The kryptek is safe from my gun lust....do not care for the finish. But a standard gun? Or worse yet....A LEGION!! Oh man. I'm in trouble.

I just snagged another CZ this past week so my gun fund needs to refill a bit. But a 220 in ten is surely at THE TOP of my short list.

FN

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a legion p220 10mm is going to run close to 1800.00

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$1800 bucks of 10mm goodness. I have a Glock 20 and the G40 MOS. They run super sweet. I can only imagine the 220 a Mercedes compared to my Chevy 20 & 40.

Posts: 20 | Location: Wrightstown NJ  | Registered: July 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness they don't make it in SAO

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Seen some for $1450 or so. Shop around...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As much as I love the Legion series, and I own a DA/SA P226 and an SAO P226, I just can't see where the P220 Legion in 10mm is worth a $600 premium over my new P220 Elite SAO 10mm. That is a hell of a premium over what is an already expensive and very nice pistol.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Supposed to have one on the way to my LGS we'll see how that goes.
Sadly my Elite reverse two tone will likely go bye bye to fund it. Hopefully it arrives by Oct. 15 and qualifies for the 2 mags.

Pretty excited about this. Only other Sig in 10mm that would make my smile larger is an MPX but that and the 320 are nothing more than pipe dreams.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Yup, 10mm magazines will run .38s and 9mm also. They still make the P220 9mm barrels in Germany. You can also thread it for a can...

So if I had a 10mm 220 I could purchase a 9mm 220 barrel if I could find one and I'd be good to go or would I need other parts?

Posts: 82 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billy346:
List price on that bad boy is over $1900.00. I mean, the idea of having a P220 Legion SAO in 10mm is wonderful, but at that price, I can also look at a Dan Wesson Bruin or Valor in 10mm.

Part of me thinks the P220 stainless elite SAO in 10mm may be the better value at less than $1200.00. But this is just me. I may lose all control if I actually handle one.

Agree. I loves Sigs, but see the value in Dan Wesson.

Posts: 53 | Registered: May 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn it! I already have two Legion pistols (and the wife has the P226 SAO.)

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post