SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Red dot optics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red dot optics Login/Join 
posted
ROMEO 1 pro, Trijicon RMR or Leupold DeltaPoint Pro

Which one for a P320?

Posts: 62 | Registered: May 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No romeo pro experience, but the RMR and DPP I've got lots of experience. Prefer the RMR by a big margin at least for my uses. It does matter a bit what your intended use might be so you might add that so people can fine tune their comments.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of your posted options I'd go RMR for anything serious as they are tougher than the DPPs, I know nothing about the romeo pro but the zero hasnt inspired confidence. I'd take a look at holosun or do an RMR unless you want a larger window.

It would help to know a bit about what you want it for.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
My M18 has a RMR on it and I can’t imagine being more pleased with any other optic.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Depending on your eyes the DPP may have a crisper dot if that matters but I’d take the RMR for any serious use. If you just want a plinker to learn on then get the cheapest.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I just brought a P320 with the Romeo I optic. I know that I can fit the Leopold Delta Point Pro in the existing mount. Other than that I know very little. As I learn, I'll be glad to share.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RMR Type 2
Holosun 407/507/508 (probably 509 but have not used one yet)
Aimpoint Acro
RMR Type 1
Deltapoint Pro
Everything else including Trijicon SRO

That is my order of preference and the Type 2 RMR and Holosuns are 1 and 1a because of snobbery. The Deltapoint Pro is a nice enough optic, but its single button brightness control, maybe questionable battery life, and excessive body height (you need monster irons compared to an RMR) really do it in for me

Somebody will be along shortly to tell you you shouldn't buy Holosun because they're made in China, but I'll tell you what: they're made right. Holosun is also better in the warranty department than Trijicon. Trijicon will have you send in your optic, fix it, and return it. Holosun will ship you a new optic and have you send the old one back after you get the new one (and some folks have received their broken ones back fixed with no expectation that they return the replacement. Normally I'd say it's better to not need the warranty than to need a good one, but between a small group of friends and I, we've sent back three RMRs (one twice) and no Holosuns. I have a contact at Phoenix PD that orders Holosuns in quantity from me from his co-workers and they've had one fail out of at least 25 or 30 sent down there.

I think the Acro is a fine optic, but the battery life is comparatively dismal and having to swap batteries every couple months, not to mention knowing they're within a week or two of being dead versus annual replacement on RMRs and Holosuns and knowing they're probably good for 3 more years, is aggravating.

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK I'll be the one. We need to start not buying chinese optics. There you go. Its just like promag. Friends don't let friends buy chinese optics.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have a Romeo on my P320 compact and after working through the learning curve it is really accurate. One of the advantages of a red dot is in practice if you concentrate you can see the point of impact move much better than with standard iron sights and realize that your grip or finger placement is causing a problem.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
My M18 has a RMR on it and I can’t imagine being more pleased with any other optic.

Do you have a problem with powder fouling coming from the LCI slot and getting on the glass ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
OK I'll be the one. We need to start not buying chinese optics. There you go. Its just like promag. Friends don't let friends buy chinese optics.

Except that Promag makes well documented junk. I still haven't found the "I bought a Holosun and it's junk" post.

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I have a Romeo 1 on a 226, and an RMR on a G23. The Romeo has a larger window and for me is a little quicker to pick up the dot. They both work well, but my pick if I were buying right now would be the romeo due to the larger window.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still haven't found the "I bought a Holosun and it's junk" post

OK so if there aren't issues exactly how does one write a post about great warranty support. In the end I don't care so its not worth a bunch of energy to explain how one might have that opinion without actually knowing about failures. I see lots of problems reported especially with the awake feature. But my point is country of origin. It actually could be better than an RMR (it isn't even close) and I would have exactly the same opinion. We just need to stop buying chinese crap.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have not used my P320 with the Romeo site in a while... I did have a problem a while back with the dot would not come on and it was of course on the morning I was to take a shooting test... I did have a spare battery and changed it out and all was good. I think sometimes you just need to unscrew the lid and then tighten it back up to get a new connection.... still falls back on having to rely on electronics for your life....

as for acquiring the dot.... I really like that you can still use the iron sights with the Romeos because that is how I use it.... acquire the target with the iron sights then spend a nano second to use the dot.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post