SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239 short reach trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 short reach trigger Login/Join 
posted
I did a quick search for a previous thread and didn't find one but I may have missed it.

I was curious what happened to the P239 short reach trigger? It seems Sig discontinued it at some point.

Also, is there an alternative to the discontinued trigger?

Thank you!

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you asking about the physical short trigger (AKA Short REACH Trigger) or the Short RESET Trigger (SRT)? They are often confused.

The physical short trigger is in stock at TGS:
http://www.topgunsupply.com/gu...s%5Bcat%5D=72&page=1

So is the SRT kit:
http://www.topgunsupply.com/gu...%5Bcat%5D=511&page=1

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, I was asking about the short reach trigger and TGS shows it is out of stock. Additionally, I have checked other websites (Midway & Brownells) and they either list the short reach trigger as out of stock or discontinued.

When I visited the Sig website it also had the trigger as out of stock.

It struck me as odd considering the SAS ships with the short reach trigger installed.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Meh, in reality, SIG pistols ship with whatever excess stock they have laying around (minus the Legion series). In the late 1990s-early 2000's, all pistols shipped with the standard trigger. Short triggers were hard as hell to find. Then about mid way through 2005-2006, they started shipping virtually every gun with a short trigger. It got to the point that short triggers were abundant in the classifieds where people were trying to sell/trade them.

Now, there seems like there is no rhyme nor reason to what ships with what. Some guns ship with standard triggers. The next batch ships with short triggers in the same make and model.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know where to get one, but will pass on my experience.

I have short triggers on my 220 and 226 with Hogue G10 grips. I have Wilson short triggers and ultra thin grips on my Beretta 92s. I use no backstrap on my Glocks and the smallest panels on my VP9. Short triggers on all 1911s.

I'm telling you this to give you an idea of how much I like small grips and short trigger reach. Having said that, the short trigger was too short on the 239.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
Yea, I was asking about the short reach trigger and TGS shows it is out of stock. Additionally, I have checked other websites (Midway & Brownells) and they either list the short reach trigger as out of stock or discontinued......

My error, the short trigger is out of stock at TGS. Usually TGS states discontinued if that is the fact. I'd give them a call. If in fact it is not discontinued, use the Notify e-mail feature. Stuff comes in and out all the time. Same with the other vendors.

Having tried the short reach triggers on my P226 and P229, are you sure you even want one on a P239? I currently use the GrayGuns P-SPIT. On the larger guns, the consensus is that the shape of the short reach was uncomfortable (pinched) for the majority of shooters. Some like it, but it didn't work for me.

I have small hands and the standard trigger on my P239 is just fine. The short reach would result in a cramped trigger pull for me.

As Jerry posted, you can't extrapolate much from what Sig is shipping guns with.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, the short reach trigger isn't for me. After I retired my P239 for a P225A1 my wife claimed the pistol as her EDC. I'll be installing a set of checkered G10's and the SRT kit to bring it up to speed for her and part of that plan included the short reach trigger to make it that much more comfortable.

The likes the correct trigger all right but when I indicated I would try to find the short trigger she jumped at the idea.

I'll give Top Gun a call and see if they have an idea when they might see another one. If worse comes to worse I'll see if Sig has one in stock in their custom shop.

posted Hide Post
Aha! The plot thickens. Smile

I have G10's on my P239. Like all G10's, they tend to slightly shorten the trigger finger reach due to their contour. Have her try the G10's first and see if she still needs a shorter reach.

Good hunting...

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been looking for several months for a standard reach trigger for my 239-9, no luck. I have two factory short ones here, will sell you one, or even better, trade you even. Email in profile.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I know they don't have a stellar reputation, and I would advise you to proceed with caution (pay with a CC in case they pull any funny stuff). But Optics Planet has them available here.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

It shows availability in 20-29 days which means they have no idea when they might have them.

OP is notorious for stocking nothing and keeping you on back order forever.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watergoat,
I've sent you and email. Thank you.

I've not done business with Optics Planet before so I have to ask about their reputation?

posted Hide Post
My experience with Optics Planet is that they will tell you something is in stock, when it's not. So you order the item. When days or weeks go by with no updates, and you contact them directly, they will tell you it's backordered, though it takes a few tries to actually get a response. I cancelled my order and requested a refund. I then went to another vendor and bought my item for a few dollars more, but I got it within a week.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post