SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New to me 229-40-SN
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me 229-40-SN Login/Join 
posted
https://www.amazon.com/photos/...oU4MGtq5z8N1qTegQ9TF

Picked it up today. Looks pretty clean. Came with the box, papers, 2 10 round mags. It appears to be a June 2004 GOTM.

I can't wait to take it out and shoot it.

Posts: 220 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! If it's the one where I think you got it from, that was a great buy.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was listed as "factory stainless". I'm quite happy.

Wink

Posts: 220 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, clearly seller didn't know what "SN" really means, and just went by the "STAINLESS" marking on the slide.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
You mention GOTM in your post. Does the box have gotm in the serial number?
If not then its not a gotm.
Reason i ask is i had a 229-40-SN that wasnt a gotm.
I have owned several gotm sigs and the boxes will be marked as gotm.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Sean7, that sure is one beautiful 229 — good find!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:

Hmm...it does not. Interesting.
Thanks for the info.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol. Sounds like you scored.

Just for reference here is the label on the P228 GOTM I bought back in 2005.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Whether OP's gun is GOTM or not, I don't know. But, fyi, not all GOTMs will have the month/year on the label indicating it's a GOTM.
Here is the April '04 GOTM, the P228 with Hi-Viz front and comes with one P226 mag with the Freed grip adapter. The label gives no hints that it is a GOTM.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty - congrats. Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
12131, why can I never see your photos here in Sig Forum? Just the little box or nothing at all. Same with your Colt ad, no photos.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Very nice - congratulations!

I'd like to ask you a question offline about the 10 round mags if you don't mind. My email is in my profile.

Thanks!

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Great find, Sean7!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sean7:
quote:

Thanks for the info.

Does your serial start with "AM"?
From looking at the serial number listing and the GOTM list an "AM" serial number would have been around June/2004.

If yours is an "AM" serial number then going off what 12131 is saying about not all GOTM were marked as such yours would probably be one.

My 229-40-SN was verified by sig as being a Dec/2001 build date and its serial number was AL 124XX. It also had a Stainless steel factory Bbl. Not a coating but a Stainless factory Bbl.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it a lot.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
12131, why can I never see your photos here in Sig Forum? Just the little box or nothing at all. Same with your Colt ad, no photos.

They're showing up just fine. Not sure what's going on with your end.

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sean7:
quote:

Thanks for the info.

Does your serial start with "AM"?
From looking at the serial number listing and the GOTM list an "AM" serial number would have been around June/2004.

If yours is an "AM" serial number then going off what 12131 is saying about not all GOTM were marked as such yours would probably be one.

My 229-40-SN was verified by sig as being a Dec/2001 build date and its serial number was AL 124XX. It also had a Stainless steel factory Bbl. Not a coating but a Stainless factory Bbl.

Mine is also a AL124xx. That info was very helpful. Thank you.

Not a lot of info about these out there.

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Does your AL have the stainless steel Bbl?

Mine also came with Hogue finger groove rubber grips.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Does your AL have the stainless steel Bbl?

Mine also came with Hogue finger groove rubber grips.

Yes. Barrel appears to be stainless, not nickel.

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
How close to AL12444 is yours?
Looks like they were both from the same production run.